Tuesday, December 21, 2004

12-21-04 25 more days to go!!!

Well another day has come to an end. One less day to go until I'm with Shakil. I really think I'm starting to get sad about leaving my Mom. My Mom and I have become even more close after the death of my father in May of 2001. She and I are just like sisters. There is nothing that I can't tell my Mom. She is just such a wonderful person inside and out. I'm so proud of her for the strength that she has had ever since my dad past away. She has been through so much and she is truly the wind beneath my wings. :-)

I have been making it a priority to spend as much time with her as possible because I know that I will be leaving so soon. I'm going to miss her like crazy. But I know that this stay in Pakistan is not going to be forever. Shakil and I have been saying for quite some time now that this is only temporary. There is just so much uncertainty right now with our immigration issue. Thank God for him finally getting an interview date on February 25th!! I'm going to be just a ball of nerves on that day.

I picked up my last check (for one day) from my boss. She brought it home with her and I went to pick it up at her house. I could see the tears in her eyes when she was saying bye to me. She just gave me a big hug and told me to be safe and, "BRING YOUR HUSBAND HOME!!" Shakil and I's love for each other, family, friends and my faith will get us through this. I'm so thankful that we have gotten this far. I had posted in the yahoo group that I'm on telling just some of what I'm thankful for. Most of all I'm thankful for the amount of patience God has given me during this time of forced separation due to immigration. We will get through this!!! I just know it in my heart. Shakil and I were meant to be together from the start and we can do this!!! I just can't wait to be by his side supporting him. He's my life.

Well, I think I rambled enough for the evening. I pretty much just type without even thinking about it and that's how I want this blog to be. Nothing planned, just words that come to my mind.

Until later...

Bye for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home