Monday, May 12, 2008

What's new?

So...I wonder who all is still out there? Who still stops by my blog? Who still even cares? :) Well, where to start...I think I'll start from when I left Pakistan. I'll just start right before I headed back to the US. Well, I believe that most of you know that I had my daughter, Sara in Pakistan. I stayed in Pakistan for about 6 months after she was born. Wait...let me back-track. My original plan was to stay long enough for Sara to get her American passport. When I first called the consulate they told me it would take 6 weeks to process her passport. Well, we went to the consulate - got everything done and it arrived in about 2 weeks. So my plan was to leave when I got the passport - right? Well, that wasn't the case. Shakil did NOT want me to leave. But, really - can you blame him? I mean, I just had a baby for goodness sakes. She was two weeks old and I was going to just leave. I must admit I had my fair share of the Pakistan life and was MORE than ready to go home. So was my Mom! Pakistan was very hard for my Mom. Afterall, it's an entirely different world. Plus, it was really wearing on me not being about to just get out and go do things on my own.

Days went by - weeks went by and then before I knew it, a few months had gone by. Everytime I would even start to think about getting my ticket to go back to the US - Shak would say, "Stay a little while longer". And of course I would. I have to admit life in Pakistan is very easy and laid back. Big change from what I'm doing now. But anyways... I left Pakistan when Sara was 6 months.

The day I left Pakistan I had no idea if and when Shak was going to get to come back. We did find out that is I-601 waiver had been approved, but we hadn't heard crap since then. I left thinking that I would go home for a visit and then return to Pakistan.

I returned to the US after living in Pakistan for 1 year. I arrived back on US soil in August of 2006. Man, it felt so good to be home, but I had lots of things on my mind and lots of things to get done...

I'll write more later! Stay tuned if you're interested!

Until later...

Bye for now!

2 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

Well T, you know I am always around :D. And to answer your question, I do care.

I was thinking about our situations that we faced and I must say that we are 2 very gutsy chicks. Sometimes I think, "Was that me who did that??" I shake my head is disbelief and laugh. I think I wouldn't have made it a lot of the times if it wasn't for our chats on the computer. I know, for me, it was wonderful to talk to another American lol.

I wish all the best for you and your family. You and Shak have come a long way. Keep thinking about that and things will be ok. And if you need a shoulder to lean on and a ear to vent, I am always a phone call away.

Love you!
Colls

10:14 PM  
Blogger Pakistani Male said...

Are you still around? Update please :)

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home