Sunday, April 22, 2007

Who's still out there??

Thought I'd create a little post here after what....several months, huh?!? Plus, I'd really like to know who is still out there checking out my blog. If you do still come by, I appreciate it even though I haven't been kind enough to give you anything to read, huh.

So if you are a long time reader of mine you know that Shakil is back home with me in the good ol' state of Texas. I must say, things are really starting to feel normal again. It's just wonderful having him back here at home. He's working from home with the same company he worked for in Pakistan. We had our green card interview back several months ago and it went great. We should be hearing something pretty soon since they are doing the DORA (Dallas Office Rapid Adjustment)program here. Supposedly, they'll have the case finished in 90 days with this program - ha, I doubt it! But anyways, all that really matters is that he is back here for good!

I'm still working for the same place - an Urgent Care Clinic. I just love it but I sure work a lot of hours. So that is a bit rough at times. I manage to put in 40+ hours in 4 days. Good thing I get 3 days off a week. My coworkers are great and that really makes it a nice place to work.

My little Sara reached the big ONE! Can you believe it? She had a little party with friends/family. Did the whole cake thing and she had her own to do whatever with it. She made a big ol' mess - but hey, that's part of the fun, right? Not fun to clean up though! :/ She is 14 1/2 months old now and just walking all over the place. She is such a joy!!

In other news, we are buying a house and just got word that we got it! So that is wonderful news. Can't wait to get in and have our own place here together.

So whoever still reads or just stops by - post a comment. I'd love to know who all is still out there. When I have time, I love to check out some of my all time fav blogs.

Let's see where this goes and see if I can get back into blogging again. We shall see. :)

Until later...

Bye for now.

10 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

Hey T!

Wonderful news about the house!! I know you must be excited!!

Glad to see you back on here! I know I have miss your blog!

Love and Hugs!

12:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Tara!!!!!!!!
So very glad you are thinking about blogging again, I have missed you. CONGRATS Miss Sara!! She turned 1 in February I think??? Also congrats on the house, that is awesome, now you can live just with your little family.
Please start blogging again, I know everyone misses you too.
Hugs,
Carolyn

7:25 AM  
Blogger KarenM in NC said...

Tara,

Good to hear an update on you and your family. It seems like life is coming together for the three of you. I always read your blog and then clicked on the link to Layla's (in Alex)...and then neither one of you was there!

I live in NC, but have always had an interest in Pakistan, India and Egypt.

Post when you can.

KarenM in NC

8:52 PM  
Blogger bellywalker said...

that's awesome! glad to hear things are going well.

~rehtwo (of the url tinypinksunshine - when blogger started using google logins, my username changed)

10:37 PM  
Blogger Gulperi said...

Hey! Congrats on the house, great news!!! I still check in now and then :)

12:24 AM  
Blogger pixie said...

Congrats on the house!!! Glad to hear that you are doing good!!!!:)

3:11 PM  
Blogger Living Away said...

dear tara...

i hope you and your family are doing well. congratulations for the house! wow, that's really good news!

ramadan mubarak to you and your family!

leandra

11:54 AM  
Blogger pixie said...

Just stopping by to wish you a blessed Ramadan!!! Hope you and your family are doing well!

7:12 PM  
Blogger 10860 nights of Tripoli said...

hey, i am still here, i miss ur blog....

i was in the states by the way, i loved it, remeber when u told me i should add the US soon in my Map. i did it...

regards to ur babe and shakil

12:38 PM  
Blogger Safa said...

Thought I'd just drop in and offer my 2 cents....

4:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home