Sunday, November 19, 2006

The arrival...

Shakil was due to arrive Monday evening and it seemed like that day just took forever to pass by. His flight was due in about 6:40 p.m. and Shakil had told me he just knew he'd be in immigration for quite a while but my Mom was getting ancy and we just went ahead out to the airport and got there about 6:45 p.m. When we got there his plane had already landed and I got the butterfly feeling in my tummy because I was just so excited.

There was another plane that had landed from Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and you sure could distinguish those passengers from the flight Shakil was due in on. Shakil was coming in from London - that was his connection. It was pretty cool here Monday night and those Mexico passengers had 'em some shorts and tank tops on. Bet they froze their tails off when they went outside!! ha ha!

So my Mom, little Sara and I are just chillin' there waiting for Shakil and by the time 7:45 p.m. rolled around, I was looking around and noticed that we were just about the only people waiting. There was a big entrance Shakil would be coming out and everytime the doors would open up, I'd try to sneak a peek and see if I could see inside but of course I couldn't.

By 8 p.m. you know I was really getting overly ancy and I'd get up and go walk around a bit and then I decided to check the arrivals board and it had already been so long, Shakil's flight wasn't even listed anymore. So I'm standing there just staring at the board and then all of the sudden at just a few minutes past 8 p.m., Shakil comes out the door. Big ol' smile came over his face and I said, "there's your daddy" to Sara. I went as quickly as I could and gave him a big hug and smooch. He immediately grabbed Sara she looked at him like WHO ARE YOU???? She smiled when we were walking over to him but when he grabbed her to hold, she gave him this stare of who the heck are you? Shakil took it well and just laughed.

We headed home and Shakil was telling us that he spent over an hour in immigration. They took him off to a separate room for some questioning and went over his documents. First question they asked, "why did you overstay your visa?" I'm not surprised that they questioned him but all that stuff has been waived and it's over and done with. Oh well, the point is he made it back safely and all is well!! :)

I couldn't be happier having him home. Life is back to normal now - well as normal as life can be. He brought home some good stuff so that is always nice! The next day after he arrived Sara still looked at Shakil as if he was pretty much a stranger. We spent most of the day after he arrived just running around everywhere. He reallllly wanted to go to Walmart and look around and of course I was just fine with that. We did go to the International food store for some stuff - roti, chavel...stuff like that.

Tomorrow I will post some pics from Shakil's arrival and pics from the welcome home party we had yesterday! :) I may do it tonight!

Until later...

Bye for now.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't believe you man - blogging at time like this -- like wow!

5:40 PM  
Blogger Gulperi said...

:) cute about Sara. Babies are interesting!!!

10:02 AM  
Blogger Living Away said...

I'm so happy for you, Sara!!!
I can imagine all the anxiety!
Now it's over as you said and you have your family reunited!!

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home