Thursday, November 09, 2006

The excitement builds!!

Yeah, it's building alright! Shakil arrives into the US in just 3 short days! Any of you who have followed our journey since the beginning or even ones that just started reading our journey - can you believe it??? I'm going to post some more about this in the next 2 days or so.

I think I mentioned that we will be staying here at my Mom's for a bit. Just to sort of gather our thoughts, save up some dough and see where we wanna go from here. Not that we'll be venturing off too far!!

I had been organizing around and noticed or maybe just never even payed attention but there is no lock on my bedroom door. In fact, there are no locks on any doors in this house except for the bathrooms/master bedroom. What the heck? So today, while my Mom was gone - I switched doorknobs. I took the doorknob of her door (the master bedroom door) and swapped it with my bedroom doorknob. Now, taking those off was simple and you'd THINK that putting it back would be easy but for some damn reason one of the screws just won't go in all the way and wouldn't you know it - it's my Mom's doorknob. She hasn't noticed yet but I'm sure she will. But heck, Shakil and I need a lock on our door. Not that she would come barging in our room but I'm just making sure!

Keeping my hubby fed is a big task. He likes to have all meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner). Never likes to miss a meal. If he wakes up at noon - he will still have his breakfast and add on lunch stuff at the same time. So since I start back to work on the 15th, he had requested me to pre-make him some burgers that he could just grab out of the freezer and cook 'em up when need be for lunch or something. It's going to be interesting how we manage that first week considering I work three 12 hour shifts in a row. Uff!

Shakil thinks taking care of little Sara will be a breeeeeeeeeeeze. Ha! Yeah, if only it was that easy!! He has no idea what he's in for and it's not like I haven't told him. When I left Pakistan, she wasn't crawling yet. She started crawling a few days after I got back here in the US. So he hasn't been around her since she became more mobile. Oh this is gonna be fun!! He's just going by how she was when I left - well, things have changed...big time!

Until later...

Bye for now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Living Away said...

Almost there, Tara!!
I wish you and Shakil all the best!
You guys deserve it!
It's a beautiful love story!!
How is the heartbeat?

6:12 PM  
Blogger Gulperi said...

Hey Tara--ONE more day!! He is on his way home dear!! And I agree, ya'll have a beautiful love story!! It is awesome! Hey sis,I sent you an email.. did ya get it? Let me know, if not, I can resend it!

Post when he arrives!!!

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home