Thursday, November 02, 2006

Do I or don't I?

So I had an interview last week - Thursday to be exact. It was an Opthamology office where I'd be working in the front office. Something I've done for the past several years. Great office, even better location - 10 to 15 minutes max from home. Absolutely no traffic which rocks!

The interview went really well, the office manager who I will call K walked me around the office and at the end she asked me when I could start and I told her the 13th, she agreed on pay, etc. K said I just needed to meet with one of the docs - the one that owns the practice. K asked if I could return on Monday to meet with him and of course I accepted.

I go in on Monday and meet with the doc. That meeting went really well. The doc just asked me a few questions and at the end asking me when I could start. I responded again with the 13th. He told me he would talk with K and that was that. The meeting was no more than 10 minutes tops. He just told me about the practice, what he was looking for, etc, etc.

Wednesday rolls around and I hadn't heard a thing from that office. So, I decided to put a call in to K and just follow-up. Not bad, right? Well, I didn't get to talk to K. She was on another call and I had to leave a voicemail. Here is what I said in my voicemail:

"Hi K, this is Tara...I'm just calling to follow up and see if you had made a decision regarding the front office position. Hadn't heard anything and I just really needed to know where to go from here. I'd appreciate it if you could please give me a call back at ........ and I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you, bye."

I had made that call about 4 p.m. and never received a return phone call. I just shrugged it off and chalked it up to being late in the afternoon and she was probably just busy and she'd call me on tomorrow (which is today now).

Well, the morning goes by and again, I hadn't heard anything from her. So, I decided to shoot her an email basically saying the same thing I did in the voicemail - hours go by and no response. I'm talking it over with myself and even hold Sara up a few times and ask her what to do - she of course was pretty quiet about it and didn't have much to offer. I again decided to call the office at about 3 p.m.

So I call and ask for K and they tell me that she is not in the office today. Well, that explains why I got no return phone call and no reply in to the email. But, I did have her cell phone number and I called that and left a brief message, again basically saying the same thing. Now she probably thinks I'm a stalker but it's imperative that I know what the decision is. Thank God, I do have another interview set up at a different office come Monday.

So what do you think? Is she just ignoring me now? Have they not made a decision after she same as offered me the position on the interview day?

Anyways, I've decided that I'm definitely not calling anymore. 2 times I've left voicemails and 1 on K's cell phone. So I think that is enough. I guess I should just take a hint if I don't hear anything by the end of the day tomorrow. But isn't it just common courtesy to let someone know especially if they are leaving a voicemail????

I'm frustrated and now Shakil isn't so happy considering he thought I had already nailed a job and he comes here in 10 days.

::sigh::

Until later...

Bye for now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Baji said...

I hope they soon call you. I know that as a busy hiring mamager, i often get caught up and don't have time to call people in a timely manner. I hope you get what you are asking for.

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home