Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Hubby is coming home!!

So we knew that Shakil was getting the visa - we just didn't know exactly when. Well, about 2 weeks ago Shakil headed to the American Embassy in Islamabad. He was told he needed to bring a new medical report and 2 police clearances from the two cities he's resided in and his passport. We just knew that they were also going to want to do another FBI check but usually they'll tell you that when you get to the Embassy.

Shakil compiles everything and heads onto Islamabad. He spent a good 2 + hours standing outside before getting in and when you finally get in - you get to wait some more. Finally, after several hours they call him to the window. They asked for the information they requested and responded with "You've got the visa". I wish I could have been a fly on the wall when they said that to Shakil. If you only knew the shit (excuse me) we've been through. Well here if you don't know, here's how it all started . It's just been one hell of a journey. Now, I'm getting sidetracked. He got the visa!!! They told him that they would be sending his passport back to him via courrier with the visa inside within 10 days I believe. It came before that - it was just a few days. We just can't believe it. He now has his visa in hand and is ready to go!!

Shakil has to wrap up some things in Pakistan and then he'll be heading home where baby Sara and I are anxiously awaiting his arrival. Insha'Allah he will be here around the 9th or 10th of November!! We couldn't be happier. We've dreamed of this for 2 1/2 years. Honestly, after some time you really start to give up hope and Shakil was really starting to think that it would never happen. And to be honest wit you...so was I. You just keep waiting, hoping, praying and then finally it happens. It truly is a miracle because we had some big hurdles to get over but we did it together.

Out of those 2 1/2 years thanks to God we have only been apart for 10 months - if that. I've had the privilege to travel back and forth to Pakistan, learn about the culture, the lifestyle, the food, spend time with his family, learn about them, let them get to know me and give birth to our beautiful baby girl, Sara. It's been a heck of a ride but I wouldn't trade it for the world!!

Until later...

Bye for now.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jaycie said...

Wow Tara, you must be bouncing off the walls! I'm so happy for you guys! :)

11:18 PM  
Blogger Cindi said...

That is just great news!! Glad it finally all worked out for all of you!

7:08 AM  
Blogger ayalguita said...

TAraaaaaaaa congratulations!!!! you must feel so good knowing your hubby is going to be with you in no time!!! Great!!!!!:)

4:43 PM  
Blogger Gulperi said...

OMG!!! I am so happy I ventured in here today and read that!!! WOW! Congratulations to you and Shakil AND Baby Sara!! WOW! That is fast, Alhamdulilah! I bet this couldn't be a better Ramadan if you know what I mean! How exciting!

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7:43 PM  
Blogger pixie said...

Congrats!! Mahsa'Allah, that it didn't take long! I am so happy for you!!!

9:40 PM  
Blogger The DP said...

oh my gosh! I come by after a few days and I see this! so happy for you and excited for you. Absolutely thrilled. Macha Allah.

4:52 PM  
Blogger rabiaiman said...

i am so happy for the both of u---a true love story with a happy ending mashaallah!!!

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home