Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Hubby had a fall...

My Mom and I heard the phone ring this morning and its normal for my Mom to automatically look at the caller id to see who it is. She didn't recognize the number and I told her to answer it because it could be Shakil. Well, she didn't answer in time and turns out it was Shakil calling from his mobile. I immediately got a bit snappy with her telling her she's got to answer the phone.

Well, a minute or so passed by and Shakil called back again. First thing he says is "Hey Tara, what's up - I had an accident". Uhmmmm...needless to say, that was a bit frightening for me to hear. I automatically thought - car accident. I then asked what happened and he told me he fell.

He was taking a shower and had left his mobile on the bed. During the shower, he hears the phone ringing. He immediately jumps out of the shower and runs to the phone, slipping and falling on his way. He fell down and hit his head, hurt his shoulder and banged up his elbow. :( All of that to get to a phone ringing and turned out someone dialed the wrong number!! Sheesh.

Poor Shakil had to get ready and drive himself to hospital where he had to get stitches in his head. They did some x-rays and he didn't break anything thank God but he's pretty bruised up and in a lot of pain. He's on some antibiotics and is taking something for the pain.

Times like this I really wish I was with him. :( I called him back later to check on him and he kept reassuring me that he was ok. I've lectured him before about running to answer the phone and don't think I didn't do it again today. He's got to stop running to get the phone. I mean, whoever it is can call back for goodness sake. He made the comment that he just needs me there by his side. :( I'm just thankful that God was watching over him because he was all alone at home and what if he had been knocked unconscious... just scary stuff.

I'll give him a call tomorrow and check up on him again. He's over at his parents house so I know they are taking good care of him.

Part III of the flight back to Texas from Pakistan will be posted pretty soon!

Until later...

Bye for now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gulperi said...

What is with men and their cell phones?? poor guy, maybe he learned his lesson though. Insha'Allah he will feel better in no time. I bet your heart skipped a beat though when he told you that.. uff.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Cindi said...

Hope he's feeling a little better, poor guy!

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home