Monday, August 07, 2006

A close call...

Another rainy day here again. It was gloomy outside all day. I don't think any sun peeked out at all until right before it was about to set. Shakil, baby Sara and I didn't roll out of bed until well after 1 p.m. I had been up before to feed Sara and all though. Now remember we stay up pretty late because of Shakil's working hours. Last night we were watching the movie "The Notebook" at about 3 a.m. - which btw we enjoyed it. I guess we like sappy movies.

So we roll out of bed at like 1 p.m. and we head downstairs to have some lunch which was leftover Biryani which for some reason didn't turn out as well this time. I've made it several times now and it's always been pretty good. This time it was kind of bland. I may have added too much water now that I think about it. Well, I did add some more masala in hopes to kick it up a notch.

Shakil left for work at his normal time and I was in the mood to get some cleaning and laundry done. Laundry Tara, what the hell happened? Well, it needed to be done and it sure wasn't going to get done by itself. I didn't know how I was going to get it done because of the rain. I hang the clothes outside and it is no fun pulling clothes off the line in the rain lemme tell ya!

I started off getting the laundry done and when I finished the laundry I decided to go ahead and start the sweeping and then I'd mop. Well, with this humidity right now I was looking for a way to get the cleaning done and not just be a pool of sweat by the time I was finished or during for that matter. So, I decided to do the sweeping/mopping in just my bath towel. Yes, you read that right...my bath towel. Call me nuts, crazy but it worked...for a while.

I went downstairs and I was finishing up sweeping when I got to thinking. "What if my father-in-law and brother-in-law show up"? They always come by at least once a week - sometimes more because my FIL has some things stored here. But I thought nawww, they won't come by today and kept on with what I was doing. When I finished I grabbed up the mop bucket and was going to take it upstairs and then I heard a car door slam and then another car door. I thought "no way...it couldn't be". I quickly went upstairs and checked and yep, my FIL and BIL had come. THANK GOD, I made upstairs before they arrived. I can't even imagine what they would have thought seeing me cleaning in just a bath towel. How embarrassing!!!! LOL

Until later...

Bye for now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

Hey Tara!

LOL That was pretty funny. It reminded me of the time I took a shower and when I opened the door (in my towel), my inlaws were there! And Thank God my MIL was the only one who saw me like that (FIL was in the other room praying).

I laugh about it now, but at the time, it was so embarrassing!

Hang in there with that heat...it won't be long now until you are back in the USA!!! :D

Take care and lots of hugs!!

PS - Look for an email from me today! ;)

3:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home