Wednesday, July 19, 2006

We're vampires and where is MIL?

Not really, but one might think that we are considering we're awake when the sun goes down and we sleep when the sun comes up. Very odd schedule indeed but you know it works out pretty well for us considering Shakil works nights. I've even got baby Sara on this schedule now. It might work out pretty well for me when I get back to the U.S. which btw, is only 5 weeks from now!! Yeaaaa!! Baby Sara and I will already be on track with the time there. If only it were that easy - I'm sure we'll have some serious jetlag.

We haven't been able to go swimming anymore because the pool at Shakil's grandfathers had been drained for some f'ed up reasons. I'll spare you the details but Shakil informed me Saturday night that it was back up and running and we'd go on Sunday. Well, we head over there all excited to go swimming but it didn't seem to be as clean as it was before. What I mean by "clean" is that it just didn't seem to have all the chemicals in it yet. So, needless to say baby Sara and I didn't swim. We just watched daddy swim. And in this Pakistan heat, I sure did want to jump in but I refrained.

Sunday night we of course headed to Pizza Hut and had a nice time. We didn't get home until well after 3 a.m.! Yikes!! Shakil was back at work on Monday and was off yesterday. So we decided that we needed to make a trip over to visit the in-laws. MIL had called us twice in the a.m. wondering if we were coming and mind you it was bright and early in the a.m. when she calls. She has no concept of time and doesn't seem to give a shit that here son works nights and sleeps during the day - must not give a shit that Sara and I sleep during the day either because the phone wakes Sara up every time. Anyway, we finally get up around noon or so and Shakil told me to go ahead and get ready and we'd head over to see my MIL. So, I get up get a shower and get ready.

We were just about to head out the door when the phone rang, it was MIL. So that made 3 times she called wondering when we were coming. Shakil told her we are walking out the door and we'll be there in about 15-20 minutes. We arrive at the in-laws and the watchman says that MIL is not there - she left. What the hell? Why would she leave when she knew we were going there to visit her? Her friend came and picked her up. So Shakil calls her on her mobile and she said she'd be right back. We waited and waited for her to come back. I told Shakil if she didn't show up after 2 hours then I would be ready to go. Yes, you guessed it - she didn't show up. Shakil called her again and she said she was at L Market. He told her we'd be leaving in 30 minutes and I guess she acknowledged it but still never showed up. So...we left!!

Pisses me off that we were going there to visit MIL and she just left. I mean come on, what is that all about? We came home and I heated up some Haleem that I made and shortly thereafter we headed over to go swimming. It was a nice time and it was so refreshing. Shakil has mentioned today that we should go back over the in-laws but sheesh can MIL make herself available??

We're getting ready to leave for Murree and will be doing so in just a few short days!!

Until later...

Bye for now.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was really rude of the MIL. Sounds like retaliation to me ha ha. And have a great vacation! Oh, and I think you are right in not letting sara swim in the pool water when it's not clorinated properly. I got a horrible ear infection when I was little from swimming in a pool that wasn't clean enough.

12:28 AM  
Blogger Living Away said...

Your MIL called your home that much just to make sure what time you were coming, so she could leave?? lol
Have a great vacation!

5:12 AM  
Blogger 10860 nights of Tripoli said...

ur blog is amaing , i stayed for hours reading it , u must be so strong to decide to move to another conutry which is totally different than the US , you made me belive that love creates miricales , Shakil must've been lucky to have such a wonderfull woman like you who left her country to be with him . its a wondefull thing.
and ur baby she's oo sweet and beatifull , i have my niece DANIA (her mum's blog dania2004 our little family advanture) and i adore her and she's a part of me , she's here in Libya now and iam over the moon , you can't imagine how hard it was when they left to the UK , Mum got depressed so much and the house became so boring without her.
see ya later

7:13 PM  
Blogger ezri.blue said...

Your MiL has some control issues; mostly in that she needs to control everything, including making you wait for her.

I'll bet you can't wait to get back to America!! I am so thankful that my MiL isn't in the same country I am.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Um Dania said...

where are you tara .. i`ve been waiting for your posts for a while.. i know you `re on vacation but plz come back soon so i can enjoy your posts again.. have fun

Dania`s mother
Rima

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home