Sunday, July 09, 2006

Update from yesterday's update...

So I cleaned up that mess from the a/c men and then I cleaned our entire bedroom, dusted, cleaned our bathroom, etc. last night. I guess I felt bad later after what happened and just sucked it up. I emailed Shakil after midnight and just said "I cleaned the bedroom and our bathroom - FYI". He emails back with a "thank you honey and I'm planning to mop the whole house tomorrow". Now that was nice! I felt really bad after that because we just argued about such petty stuff ya know.

Baby Sara didn't go to sleep until well after 2:30 a.m. last night and I for some reason I decided to go ahead and get the laundry done. I bet I was the only person around hanging laundry out on the line at 2 a.m.! ha ha. I thought it might be a tad cooler at that time but it wasn't at all. I was sweating bullets by the time I was finished and just had to take a shower. I of course had to re-clean the bathroom again because that damn washing machine can make quite the mess. I've already been over how I have to do the laundry many 'a times and it's just pathetic.

I stayed up the entire night again and went to bed with Shakil shortly after he came home at 4 a.m. We slept until 10 a.m. when baby Sara woke up. I got up and fed her and let daddy get some extra sleep. He didn't stay asleep too long and he woke up to watch some t.v. Speaking of t.v., one of my FAVORITE channels just disappeared last night during Dr. Phil and I'm pissed!!! We dozed on and off with baby Sara and semi woke up at noon. I was laying on the bed just thinking about things and then I had a nice idea. I got up and headed to go downstairs. Shakil asks "where ya going"? and I just tell him to stay, watch baby Sara and I'll be right back.

I head downstairs and I start to cut up 2 big fresh mangos. I put them in my food processor and added some milk and grinded them up and made some mango shake for us. I was just going to make the mango shake but then I thought I'd go ahead and cook Shakil some breakfast. I tossed 2 shami kababs on the fry pan and cooked those up. When they finished I fried him 2 eggs and put some bread in the toaster. I poured him a big glass of mango shake and put all the food on a tray and took it upstairs to him.

I walked in the door and said "ya hungry"? Big ol' smile came over his face and he said he was hungry. He says "now that's what I call a good wife". Hey, 2 points for me today - no, I get 3 points! I'm greedy. He devoured all the food and shake and gave me a big ol' "thank you honey"!! I normally cook breakfast for him everyday but this is a first for me doing breakfast in bed. He enjoyed it thoroughly. Hey, what man wouldn't enjoy having his wife make him breakfast in bed huh?!?

We all pretty much slept the day away and really didn't get up until well after 4 p.m. I needed some things from the market and we headed out. It's been so nice here today because some rains came in and it's been so cool!!! So I had mentioned in the previous post that I wasn't going to do anymore cooking. Well, I decided that I needed to come up with something. I really can't just stop cooking completely. So I told Shakil on Tuesday I'd cook up 3 to 4 dishes and put them in containers to freeze. Then, I won't be cooking every other day. I'm going to cook Chicken Biryani, Chicken curry, Haleem and some Dal. I don't know how well the Biryani will freeze so we're going to start eating on that first. Anyone ever froze Biryani before? If so, lemme know how it turned out. Shakil had mentioned that it might get soggy. I cooked up the dal this evening so only 3 dishes to go on Tuesday.

Tonight we're going to Pizza Hut. Yes, again! ha ha. We go for the midnight special. You can get a large pizza and pitcher with free refills for Rs.460 and that is with tax. That is about $8.50. Pretty good deal. We also order a salad that we both share. It's a great meal. The whole meal costs just under Rs. 600.

Now for the update on the servant. I had read a comment from Sobia and she had mentioned giving the "dolly" a call and let her know that the contract has been broken and that we were going to contact the police. So, I mentioned it to Shakil and he called the "dolly's" son (only number we really have) and threatened him with it and said tomorrow we're filing a report with the police. We'll see how well it works out. The guy was like "don't worry, your money is not going anywhere". Well, K went on a 2 day holiday and Wednesday makes 3 weeks she has been gone for pity sake. Sheesh. It is just so frustrating.

We're watching "The Pink Panther" right now and I've gotten some pretty good laughs out of it. We've gotten a great collection of DVD's since I've been here. Anyone who has bought movies in Pakistan knows how cheap they are and how easy it is to get just released to theater movies. Good print too! Yes, yes we're bad bad!!

Until later...

Bye for now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gulperi said...

Glad to see things got patched over and really sweet of you to make something and bring it up like that! you get 10pts for that IMO!

I'm still trying to picture you walking by yourself with the baby.. I am sure that was a site to see! :) Dh woulda gotten really angry with me had I done that, phew. You should just always be with someone, I guess.. Definitely different than here, that is for sure.

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's miserable there this time of year. My first trip there I SWEAR I almost vomited and passed out from the heat. It takes some serious getting used to. Especially since you don't have central air..I'm sure you'd give your right arm for central ac right now. I know I would have.

I can't imagine what Shakil must have thought when you went for the little walk. ha ha...I would have done it too just to be stubborn.

And I hope you get a new servant soon. I know the dust is bad there and it must be MISERABLE trying to take care of all that in the heat and with a young baby who keeps you up all night as it is.

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home