Saturday, June 17, 2006

Mangoes are here!!!

Mangoes are in full season here! Mangoes are one of the things I love about Pakistan. Well, not just mangoes - I love almost ALL of the fruit here. There is just something about it. My hubby has told me that there are many, many different types of mangoes. I never knew that. I just thought there was only 1 type of mango. All the fruit tastes better than what is available in the U.S. Mangoes in the U.S. are pretty good but I promise you if you tasted a mango from Pakistan you would never want a mango from the U.S. ever again. The first time I experienced a mango here, I was told that I wasn't eating it right. What? I don't eat it right? I can't explain exactly how they eat them here but let's just say your hands are dripping with mango juice and it's finger licking good.

There are many fruits that are available here that I had never even heard of before. If you are a watermelon fan, the watermelons are fantastic too!! So juicy and red!! Bananas are another one of my fav's here. They are quite a bit smaller than what is available in the U.S. but they are so tasty. I think Shakil and I can devour a dozen in a matter of 2 days.

The veggies here are pretty darn good too. I'm not a big veggie fan but when I came here I started consuming more because the taste is just so much better. When in season they have some really good carrots that are full red in color - they sort of have a sweet taste and when cooked they are just delicious. Right now we have the orange carrots that really aren't as good but still ok. I tell Shakil the veggies are organic and that is why they are tasting good and better for us.

Anyways, I LOVE MANGOES!!!

Until later...

Bye for now.

6 Comments:

Blogger The DP said...

i think that is why americans eat so much processed food...because the fruits and veggies we get just taste weird. in switzerland i eat almost exclusively fruit and veg, the taste is just different. and the mangoes....yum....altho everyone tells me you have not eaten a mango until you have eaten one in pakistan

11:37 PM  
Blogger Gulperi said...

I must say that I love pakistani mangos!!! The other day I went to a party and there was this yellow fruit (Really weird florescent yellow) on the party tray from Albertsons.. I asked the hostess what this fruit was and she said mango.. I was like.. man this is SOUR.. it tasted like a mix of a pineapple and an apple.. hard to explain.. uff! Send me some Paki Manos at once!!!

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pakistani Mangos are teh best!

3:01 PM  
Blogger Cindi said...

oooooohhhhh, wish I could get some!!

7:42 PM  
Blogger wayfarer said...

This is the major reason i want to visit pakistan. :-)

1:32 PM  
Blogger Leena said...

Oh, you're tempting me too. I ate exclusively veggies in PK and I agree, they're delicious!

And about the "way" to eat mangos, one way was explained (shown) to me that you scrape the slice with your teeth, instead of biting -- is that the method you're talking about?

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home