Sunday, May 14, 2006

Trip to Murree

Sara in her carrier
Daddy and Sara at Kashmir Point Sara and I at Kashmir Point
Daddy and Sara on the bus to Murree
Picture of bus station in Rawalpindi

Shakil had 3 days off in a row this week and out of the blue we decided to head to Murree. Murree is about a 6 1/2 hour drive north of where we live here in Pakistan. Shakil automatically opted for taking the bus. I've never riden on a bus before in my life and I've seen the buses here so I was a bit hesitant. He told me it was going to be a very nice bus - a luxury bus. Wednesday night my FIL dropped Shakil, baby Sara and I at the bus station. Our bus was do to leave at midnight.

Upon getting on the bus I pleasantly surprised. The bus was very nice and very clean. I had no complaints at all. There was t.v. on the bus, great a/c, refreshments and even a small dinner. Baby Sara did absolutely wonderful on the bus. She is quite the little trooper. She seemed to just have a good 'ol time!! Our bus arrived in Rawalpindi at about 4:30 a.m. and we had to catch another bus that would take us to Murree and that bus left at 8 a.m. So we just had to chill out in the bus station waiting area that was not air conditioned. Thank goodness it was bright/early in the a.m. and it wasn't too hot yet.

We get on the 8 a.m. bus to take us to Murree and everything is going just fine. Then about 45 minutes into the drive and after several rounds of winding through the mountains I start to feel sick to my stomach. The rocking of the bus was not making me feel good at all!! More rocking and more rocking and I can't take it anymore and that feeling of "I'm going to puke" came on and indeed I did. I puked!! Yuck. I did feel somewhat better afterwards but we still had quite a ways to go. Murree is located at about 8,000 feet. I made it the rest of the way without puking anymore thank goodness. We arrived into Murree at about 9:30 a.m.

Next became the challenge of finding a hotel room. Oh what a challenge that was!!! We went around (walking) looking at different hotel rooms. The hotel staff is literally chasing after you to get you to check out a room in their hotel. I think we looked at about 8 hotels and I finally decided on one - not the best room in the world but it was alright. The hotels in Murree are pretty old and they are almost allllllll the same.

To make a very long story short, we ended up having a very nice time. We would walk around the town looking at different things and just really enjoyed everything. At night the temp would drop and it would be chilly. Quite a change from the temp here!

We left Murree on Saturday morning and got back home in the late afternoon. We're looking into going to Dubai next - now that sounds like a lot of fun!

Until later...

Bye for now.

8 Comments:

Blogger Cindi said...

Great pics! Sounds like a fun trip!

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to go to there, but haven't. I have spent a few days in Dubai though and that was great!

11:06 PM  
Blogger ayalguita said...

Tara those are lovely pictures! Sara look like she is having lot of fun:) My sil Salma went to Muree for honeymoon and said it was lovely!

12:02 PM  
Blogger Baji said...

Mash'Allah, how fun! Sara looks so happy.

5:53 PM  
Blogger bellywalker said...

Aw, those pictures are excellent!

12:16 AM  
Blogger Zunaster said...

Did you visit Mall? I spent my first 5 years in Muree. I miss it.

4:11 AM  
Blogger Living Away said...

Sara is each day cutter! How come! :)
What a lovely baby she is!!
God bless you all!

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Give us an update :)!!!!!!!!!1

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home