Thursday, March 09, 2006

Here I am!


Yes, here I am - not that anyone really cares...but here I am! :-) I've been so aggravated because I can't view any blogger blogs nor can I upload any pics to my blog but it looks like now I might be able to. I'll have to give it a try. According to what Shakil found out from the ISP we've been using is that there has been a block put on the blogger domain. The reason for it is the Islamic cartoon related issue. He checked with another ISP and it's the same issue. There are many blogs that I read daily and now I can't read a single one and it just sucks!!! :-(

I have to admit I've just been exhausted. This little girl of ours takes it all out of me. She has just started this thing where about 4 p.m. she turns into "cranky baby" and this lasts until well after midnight. Tonight its still going on and its 1:45 a.m. She takes little cat naps from 4 p.m. on - cat naps that last about 10 minutes - no less. Then, she wakes up "cranky baby" and cries and cries. I pick her up and cuddle with her, jiggling her some to get her to doze back off. Usually she will and I put her back in her bed and the whole process starts all over again. The good thing is that usually she will take her last feed about 2 a.m. and then sleep uninterrupted till about 8 a.m. I guess she makes up for the 4 p.m. to midnight stretch of 10 minute cat naps. ::sigh:: It's tough!

In other news, my Mom tells me that she is ready to go back to the states. I can't blame her - I'd LOVE to go too!! I had been plagued with the decision of staying here or going back with my Mom. Shakil and I could never come to an agreement about me leaving. It looks like I'm here until June (CANNOT TOLERATE THE HEAT HERE) and then I'm going to head back to the U.S. The only worry I have is going back to the U.S. and flying alone with Sara. I know its going to be difficult. I guess I have a few months to get over that issue.

I keep hoping and hoping that we'll get a decision on Shakil's waiver and then he'll get his visa. I'd so love that we could go back as a family but for some reason I just don't foresee it happening.

Ok here goes trying to upload a pic...


Yeaaaaa!! Looks like it let me!

Until later...

Bye for now.

3 Comments:

Blogger ayalguita said...

salaam Tara!!! She looks sooo gorgeous in that pic!!! I love it:) I can't believe they block you from seeing some blogs, I hope you can read mine lol, I have to update it yet, I just came from holidays! I'm sure your mum wants to go but also feels bad about leaving you there, it must be hard for her as well:)Take care!

6:06 PM  
Blogger camilla said...

Hi tara. It is common for babies to cry for a long time if they are a month old or more. When my daughter was a month old, she cried the whole night non-stop esp when there are visitors for the day. It will be ok after a while. Sara is looking beautiful. Take care.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Gulperi said...

Salaams Tara! Probably you cannot read this yet.. Hope you can view the blogs soon!!! Miss ya on here!

Sara sure has grown up fast, six weeks already?!?! It is amazing! I just checked my blog and I have 4mos and 2wks left of this pregnancy.. I didn't realize that til I saw the ticker! phew! Time flies!

I just wanted to comment on how beautiful Sara is!!

I don't blame your mom for wanting to go, and for you wanting her to.. I was there in the summer and I barely ate a thing and was quite weak as well. Its what you do when you are there, I guess until you are used to it!

Its good you are planning on coming back here in June, insha'Allah Shakil will be able to come soon! I know how hard that it must be. But yah, the heat in the summer is ridiculous there!

Hope you get the ISP thing figured out soon!

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home