Wednesday, February 15, 2006

2 years today for Shakil and I!!

**Happy Anniversary my love!!!**

It's Shakil and I's 2 year Anniversary today!! Boy, what a journey it has been thus far. Shakil and I were married in Pakistan - Karachi to be exact. We met in the U.S. in April of 2003, dated and were engaged by the end of the year. I'll spare you the LONG story (here it is if you are interested - it was my first blogger post) but I flew to Karachi in February of 2004 and we were married just a few days after I arrived. It was short/sweet. I only had 2 weeks to spend with him before needing to return back to the U.S. due to my job obligations, etc.

Shakil and I spent 10 months apart before I just couldn't take it anymore and returned back to Pakistan in January of 2005 - I stayed for 5 months and went back home in June of 2005. I went back to the U.S. to visit and 1 week after arriving in the U.S. I found out that I was pregnant. I just couldn't emotionally handle being away from Shakil so he and I made the decision for me to return back once again. I went back in September and I've been here ever since.

I think Shakil and I have been through so many obstacles and over so many hurdles. We still have more hurdles to get over with waiting on his visa. We get through it all hand in hand and will continue to do so. Our love is so strong and it will get us through this. We now have our precious daughter and we'll do it together as a family.

Once again, Happy Anniversary my love and I'm so happy we are able to be together right now. I wouldn't have it any other way. :-)

Until later...

Bye for now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Gulperi said...

Happy Anniversary you two!!! If you were here in Tx, I would give you a little dinner party!!!

12:58 PM  
Blogger ayalguita said...

Happy anniversary Tara and Shakil!!! Time goes flyig! What a nice present being able to celebrate in the company of your little daughter eh?:) Have fun today!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Edward Ott said...

Now that is a good love story.

Salam

5:20 PM  
Blogger Southern Masala said...

Congrats Tara! You and Shakil have gone through a lot to be together. I wish you the very best in the future for you both and your daughter, insha'Allah!

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home