Friday, January 27, 2006

37 wks and counting...

I had my 37 week appt on Wednesday. The doctor informed us that baby is still up VERY high and has not dropped down AT ALL. She is head down - She still has time though the way I see it. Doc is concerned that she might not decend down. He is going to check again at my 38 week appt and see if she's dropped. At my 39 week appt he's going to order another ultrasound to check on things and also the cord that is around her neck. If baby doesn't decend down by 39 weeks he is going to start discussing C - section with me. I've been told to keep close tabs on her movements and if I notice any decrease in her activity to go back in for fetal heart monitoring. She is doing well though and I'm sooo anxious to meet her!!

In other news, Shakil is off tonight (Friday) which is nice for a change. He's been in some training and his schedule is all switched up. He is off Friday and Saturday this week.

We went today to get a mattress for the baby's crib and also a few other baby items. I love seeing all the baby stuff. They really do have a lot here but the prices are a bit higher than the U.S.

My Mom will be here this time next week and I can't wait!! She arrives next week - late Thursday night about 1:30 a.m. It sure is going to be different around here having my Mom - different in a good way of course! :-)

Until later...

Bye for now.

6 Comments:

Blogger ayalguita said...

Salaam Tara,you know I don't understand how can they tell you to get ready for a C section when you have time left for your baby to go down! My baby took ages, in fact I told you she was born at exactly 40 weeks. At week 36 I had fake labour but I rushed to the hospital and they saw baby was really high still. Even during labour day she seem to be too confy inside and didnt want to come out, but they put me a drug called oxitocin to accelerate contracions and push her down with her. My doctor tried everything to stop a c-section, my midwife was literally on my stomach pushing down lol and finally nuria was born with forceps, thank god they didnt do c-section, at the end of the day it is a major surgery eventhough people don't realise is like that!. I sent you the parcel last week, have you received it yet? I don't know how long it takes for the post in pakistan!:) The best for hte baby is htat you relax, I know it sounds difficul, but if you are relaxed it will help the baby a lot!:)

12:46 PM  
Blogger Gulperi said...

I agree, they cannot tell you to be ready yet for the csection.. with first babies, it takes a while for the head to descend and with my last, he never descended til I needed to push (seriously). See ifyou can have them wait that bit out.. If the baby is the wrong direction or another med problem, they yah, they should do the csection, else they should let you go naturally. Do lots of walking dear, and some sqauts a few times a day (10 here and there) Also, something that helps is to do the cat stretch on all fours (i know, sounds silly but midwives suggest it).. Hang in there girl! 15 more days!!1 HOW EXCITING!! Let us know when your mom gets there! I bet you are preparing lots for her when she comes!

4:37 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Thanks gals for your input! Any input is always appreciated!!

Ayalguita, I haven't received anything yet but will let you know via personal email when I do. You are just too sweet!!

Take care!

8:27 AM  
Blogger rabiaiman said...

ohh how exciting!!! i cant wait!!!!! i bet u cant wait till mom gets there!!! relax and enjoy ur last 2 weeks as a couple!

11:15 AM  
Blogger camilla said...

Hi Tara. I agree with Ayalguita that you need to relax for your baby to relax. My baby was head down but wasn't down like you said in my 39th week. My mom made me do those squats for couple of days before my due date and i was so TIRED to get up and walk then. Inshallah all things will go well for you. My prayers with you. I really wish you relax alot right now and not get worried.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Gulperi said...

SO?! How is your mom? Tell us all about what is going on!!! Did you have that cutie baby yet?! UPDATE DEAR!!!

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home