Friday, January 06, 2006

Rained out and moving right along...

I attended the last function of Shakil's cousin on Sunday. It was being held at Shakil's grandparents outside in the huge tent. These tents are huge and I've never seen anything like 'em. The setup was beautiful. Well, the day started out pretty dreary and we arrived at the function about 10 p.m. I think. We found a seat and it wasn't more than 10 minutes after we arrived that it started to just pour down rain then the leaking started. They were doing their best to get the bulges taken care of that were making the tent weak - nothing was really working and the rain wasn't letting up. Shakil started to get really nervous and we moved into the house along with many others to make sure we stayed safe. My FIL and BIL remained in the tent - God knows why. FIL thought that Shakil was just going into a panic. He was just being cautious. No one could predict what could happen.

We stayed in the house for a while and then the rain start to let up. We were told that they were serving dinner so we headed back. It literally looked as if a tornado had swept through there. Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a little but it was bad. There was food everywhere. It's as if people just tore through the food. I couldn't even find anything to drink. A relative of Shakil did find me a little bit of coke and got some for me - I was so damn thirsty. You couldn't even find water. I love the desserts at these functions and the dessert area was just a mess and everything was basically picked over and gone. No one was even using utensils to cut cake or or whatever. I think they were just using their own fork, spoon, whatever and going straight for it.

11:30 p.m. rolled around and I was becoming exhausted from standing and walking around. I asked for Shakil to take me home since "home" is about 5 minutes away. He agreed to take me home and when we got home, the damn electricity was out. Go figure. Anytime it rains here - at least in our area, the electricity goes out. I opted to not stay at home in the dark by myself so we headed back. There were going to be LOTS of leftovers from the function because many dishes were just not put out because of the rain/tent issues. Shakil was to return with a couple of pots to take food home.

We arrived back to pick up FIL, BIL and MIL. My FIL kept having Shakil go back for more and more food leftovers. You'd be shocked at how much food was brought back to our house. It's just too much! Plus, my MIL thinks that food just lasts forever and its ok to eat on chicken that is a week plus old. Yuck! She did freeze some so that was a good thing. I ate on the food for 3 days and I'm through! No more for me.

Had my ultrasound today and baby is doing fine. She is a little over 5 pounds now. She does have the cord wrapped around her neck one time so we are having to watch that closely. I'm at 35 weeks now instead of 34. So my due date has changed to February 12th. I just can't wait to see our little girl and hold her. We did get a good ultrasound pic of her that shows her side head profile (forehead, nose, lips, chin, etc.) I just might have to put that on my blog when I get a chance. :-) Doctor told me some exercises that I can do that might ease some of the pain I'm having from the pressure of baby on my pubic bone. Bad news is that he said it's only going to get worse. ::sigh:: I need to do some of those exercises before bed - whenever that is because I don't get good sleep at all anymore.

Until later...

Bye for now.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tara, my second had the cord around her neck and she is just fine. Don't let that frighten you too much. During delivery, I had to stop pushing so they could clip the cord when she had her head out. Inshallah, all will be fine.

6:01 PM  
Blogger ayalguita said...

Wow tara that means one week less of waiting for your little one to meet you:)Inshallah the cord will move on its own or doctors will remove it from the neck when she is born, don't worry:) Your mum was coming on the 10th right? I hope baby waits for her, specially because YOUare going to need your mum a lot the days after delivery, you'll see! Please Taaaraaaaaaaaaaa send me by private email your address in pakistan, I have somes clothes I want to send to your baby lol.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Trailady said...

That last little bit of pregnancy can drag on for what feels like forever, but soon you are able to hold that sweet little one in your arms. Blessings to you. :o)

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home