Friday, November 25, 2005

Chinese for Thanksgiving?

Well, I knew Shakil was going to take me out for Thanksgiving and he kept asking me where I wanted to go - he mentioned Paki food and then mentioned Chinese. I thought Chinese was sounding pretty good. I never would have imagined I'd be having Chinese on Thanksgiving. Anyways, we went to a local Chinese restaurant that is about 5 minutes for us - they have a buffet. It was pretty good but they were lacking one of my fav dishes they usually have, other than that - very good. I must have had 4 egg rolls - wait I did have 4! :-O Hungry Tara??

After dinner we came home and were waiting for a movie "Along Came Polly" (which neither of us had seen) to come on HBO. I got online to get in touch with my Mom in the meantime. She was expecting my family to arrive about 1 p.m. or so and she said she'd call me here on the landline when everyone got there so I could talk to them all. So I get offline and I'm waiting for her call and 20 minutes pass by the time she said she'd call and I get back online and call her from the computer - I was about to fall asleep waiting. It was after midnight. I got to talk to everyone one by one and it was very nice - made me miss them all the more though. :-(

My Mom didn't cook the traditional turkey and dressing this year since Shak and I weren't going to be there. She cooked a big ham and had everyone bring a dish. Well, whatever she did - it all sounded grrrrrrrrrrreat!!!! She says she'll cook Shakil and I a traditional Thanksgiving dinner when we get back to the U.S. regardless of what time of the year it is. Tasty!

I hope that everyone else who celebrates had a nice Thanksgiving. I guess in the true meaning of Thanksgiving it really doesn't matter where you are in the world - it is all about giving thanks and I think most have so much to be thankful for.

Until later...

Bye for now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Living Away said...

hey tara!

Thankt for stopping by!
i do know what you felt after your mom’s call. i’m living abroad since 97 and i just went home for christmas once. every year I wait for “the” call.
do you know, in brazil we don’t celebrate thanksgiving as you do in the us, but i got this tradition.
yesterday i made cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, applesauce, chicken breast, gravy and green beans. i did not find a small turkey for two.
it was goooooooddd!!

take care
leandra

7:36 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

That cracks me up econo!! That's about how it was - well not quite as bad. We didn't get any singing!! LOL

Take care!

10:41 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Tara :)

Hey, don't feel so bad. I had kofta and kabab for Thanksgiving lol. Plus I was really sick and couldn't even go out.

Boy do I miss Chinese food!! Do you realize I haven't had any in a year?!?! OH MY GOD!!!

Love and Hugs!

1:37 PM  
Blogger wayfarer said...

mmmmmmmm eggrolls. Yum!

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home