Sunday, November 06, 2005

Confined to bed...

Haven't blogged in a bit have I? Well last Thursday I went to see my OB and my blood pressure was running high. My OB had been keeping a close eye on it but it just hasn't wanted to go down. I also thought I had made changes to my diet here at home but unfortunately one of the main things I was eating has too much salt content - not good. I've cut it out completely and I'm following a strict diet of no salt at all. Now that is hard to do when my MIL still continues to salt everything and she is not trusted when she says it has no salt and doctor would prefer me not standing and cooking. Hubby has agreed to do some of the cooking - that'll be something!!

To make a long story short, the doctor actually wanted to admit me for 24 hour observation so he could find out if there were some emotional reasons behind BP rising. We all know that MIL has been stressing me and is just overly pushy about things. Shakil said he'd make the changes at home, discuss with MIL and if by Monday when the doctor wants to see me again, it's still high - then he can admit me. So from Thursday through Sunday I have been ordered complete bed rest - which I've followed.

The first couple of days my BP was still running pretty high and sometimes it would run high at rest. Then it would run high if I got upset or I was standing. Laying in bed it did get considerably lower. Today, Sunday it has ran normal all day!! I've asked for prayers that my little girl and myself stay healthy and well. I'm a strong believer that if you pray for something that eventually it will be answered - in time - not in your time when you want it to be. I go see the doctor again tomorrow (Monday) so we'll see what happens. Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers.

I really haven't gotten to experience Eid here since I've been in bed. I know there have been relatives that have stopped by for visiting, but being confined to my bed - I didn't go downstairs to meet with anyone. I do wish Eid Mubarak to all that have been celebrating.

Until later...

Bye for now.

7 Comments:

Blogger Baji said...

Ohhhh you poor thing. I am so glad that you have a supportive hubby, good doctor and that you are taking the rest. This must be such an emotinal roller coaster! I am amazed by your strength. My prayers are with you.

4:29 PM  
Blogger camilla said...

eID mUbArAK TO you ! Take rest & pray always.

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Tara. Your little one will be here before you know it. Things, inshallah, will get better soon. Lots of love and duas.

8:31 AM  
Blogger bellywalker said...

Eid Mubarak!

I hope things that are getting better for you. I agree with your thoughts about prayer -- and you, your husband, and your daughter are in mine.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Thanks gals, I really appreciate it - Shakil and I both do. :-)

Take care!

6:20 PM  
Blogger Aisha said...

feel better quick :(

7:09 PM  
Blogger wayfarer said...

take care of yourself okay... MIL's have a tendency to make blood pressure rise. Keep well girl.

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home