Friday, October 28, 2005

weekend comes to an end...

Weekend has come to end for Shakil and I. He's back at work and I'm here at home just watching some t.v. There have been some good movies playing on HBO. Not that I've been watching much because when I lay down to watch a movie - I'm out like a light. I just fall asleep.

I was having the Pizza Hut craving again and Shakil took me there on Tuesday night for my, oh yes, "Night without MIL"!! The local Pizza Hut here is jammmmmmmed packed for Iftar. We arrived there at 5:30 p.m. and didn't get seated until after 6:30 p.m. which was about the same as last time. I wanted a booth so that made the wait a bit longer, but I'm not complaining. I was definitely in no hurry to return home to FIL, BIL and MIL. The service was less than good though that evening. During Iftar at Pizza Hut it's all you can eat - which is awesome. They even have free drink refills which is hard to come by here. The waiter brought us a pitcher of Pepsi and when I poured myself a glass it was nice and luke warm. I have one word - YUCK - he had just taken it off someone elses table and put it on ours. Shakil did get the man to finally go get us a new pitcher of soda which you knew was fresh because it was cold and fizzy. That asshole just was too lazy to go get a new pitcher for us originally. What the hell???

The rest of the weekend was pretty non eventful. There was Iftari out Wednesday night but it was at Pizza Hut and Shakil and I had just went Tuesday - so we didn't attend. Last night I wanted to go looking at baby cribs again. Shakil tried to take me there but the traffic in the market was just unbelievable and getting a park would have been easier said than done. Shakil called it the Eid rush so we're going to just wait until after Eid to go take another look at cribs.

I'm having a hell of a time sleeping at night because my legs have started aching. I had asked my OB here about it and he claims that it has to with calcium defficiency - baby is building her bones right now or something is what he said. Has anyone else had the leg cramping before? I can be fine all day long with no leg cramping and then when I lay down for bed - it starts up!!! I just turned 6 months pregnant and boy time does seem to be passing by. I can't believe in just 3 months or so, god willing our little girl will be here. :-)

I went in twice this week for BP checks. The first day I got it checked it was 120/90 then the next day it was 120/80 which is better. I'm hoping to keep it under control with the diet changes I've made (well, as much as you can here) and exercise. I'm still not getting as much exercise as I need and that is really my fault because Shakil has asked if I want to go for walking. I'm going to get myself in gear.

The weather here has become cooler here FINALLY!! :-) It's getting in the middle 50's at night and low 80's during the day which is much more tolerable. We just open the window at night (we have a screen on the window otherwise we'd be eaten alive by bugs) and turn on the fan and it makes it very nice in our bedroom.

Until later...

Bye for now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had horrible leg cramps....take some tylenol and eat more banannas for potassium.

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home