Monday, October 17, 2005

Chicken rolls!!

Last night there was Iftar at a restaurant called Nando’s. They appear to be famous for their "Peri, Peri chicken" which seems to be the ethnic name for the fiery spice some know as chili they are also famous for their sauces/marinades. I haven’t seen anything else on their menu besides chicken. You can get the chicken seasoned from mild to very hot and the chicken we had was seasoned hot. It was so damn good and I was more than full after eating it with some fries and some yummy dipping sauce – I still don’t know what that dipping sauce was.

Anyways, we left there and when we got home MIL started talking about more food. She was asking me if I wanted anything else, etc. My gosh we just finished eating and she was asking me if I want more – what the heck???? She mentioned that a relative had sent over these chicken rolls. At the time I was so full and couldn’t even imagine having one. She said they’d be in the freezer when I want one – didn’t even know what I was missing yet.

Today for lunch I decided to pull out one of those chicken rolls out of the freezer. I heated it up in the microwave and took it upstairs to eat it – didn’t want to eat in front of MIL since she’s fasting. I took one bite of that roll and the cheese just came running out. The chicken roll looks to be shredded chicken, cheese, some green chilies, sautéed onions and some sauce all rolled up in a big paratha. My god this thing is good!!!

This evening for Iftar I had 2 small homemade samosas and some jellibee with MIL. FIL and BIL have gone to Karachi for a bit – they’ll return. Once again after eating MIL wanted me to have more food but I informed her I was just too full from having the late lunch (the chicken roll). Got online for a bit and few hours passed by and that chicken roll started calling my name again. Yep, you guessed it – I decided to have one for dinner too. I went to retrieve it from the freezer, popped it in the microwave, went upstairs – took one bite and thought I should take a picture of this new found craving of mine!! So there ya go – there is the chicken roll that has more than satisfied me today!

Until later…

Bye for now.

10 Comments:

Blogger pghjezebel said...

Those look awesome Tara! You made Amir drool. lol

7:48 PM  
Blogger camilla said...

Yummy yummy....this post really makes me hungry...I will remember the restaurant name the next time I am in pak. Thanks tara for this wonderlicious post :P

7:55 PM  
Blogger Baji said...

I looove chicken rolls! My inlaws were trying to shelter me from the street food, but one day we snuck out and I fell in love.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Baji said...

I did it, I did it! I was able to link ya. Thanks for your help!

10:35 PM  
Blogger The DP said...

i need to look at this after iftar. :)

1:44 AM  
Blogger ayalguita said...

Hi Tara!!! In the Uk I used to go a lot to Nando's , is one of the few places that are not desi with halal food, so imagine. full of desis eating there hehehe. Yes, they only serve chicken, but I love also the rice they put with it. Hey those chicken rolls sound very yummy!!!

10:21 AM  
Blogger Faryn Nayru said...

That roll looks so good, makes me wanna go back to Pakistan, just for the rolls. My favourite roll is the seekh khabab roll, with the chutney. Yum!

Amena.

11:47 AM  
Blogger wayfarer said...

that sounds divine! you should get the recipe for us. :-)

2:59 PM  
Blogger pghjezebel said...

I agree with wayfarer, where's that recipe girl? :)
Hugs to you, the baby and Shak...

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so need this receipe..and also for a good raita...I can never make it right...and it should be so easy!

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home