Wednesday, September 14, 2005

I hate computers!!!!!!!!


I'm sure this is what Shakil was thinking when I was bitching about my computer. I do need it working to be able to talk to him. Well the damn thing works - its just been giving me hell. It all started a couple of weeks back - maybe less when I upgraded to the new version of yahoo instant messenger. Shakil and I thought the voice might be better. Not long after upgrading I started having sound issues with the computer. I'd start voice chatting with Shakil and then all of the sudden the sound would just go out and I couldn't hear him anymore. He could still hear me but I couldn't hear him - what the hell??? Then it would all of the sudden come back but then there would be some distortion or something - just down right odd. Even when using windows media player or Real player - I'd have the same kinda issue.

We decided to go towards MSN and use voice on it. Well, MSN would do the same damn thing. I would get so frustrated that I wanted to just beat the crap out of this computer. Then we moved onto Skype - same damn issue.

Well to make a longgggggggggg story much shorter - I called tech support for the 3rd time. Those assholes wanted to charge me $20 for the call because they say its out of warranty. My Mom unfortunately can't find her receipt to confirm it. This computer is MAYBE 6 mos old and they say if its been over a year since it was bought then they charge $20 for tech support. This woman I talked to with tech support had me do some things and the call lasted a good hour and a half. This evening I managed to listen to a few songs in their entirety without them cutting in and out. So maybe just maybe this thing is fixed.

I don't know how people have the patience to work with computers. My hubby is in the computer field and he has soooo much patience. I just lose it. I do however need it to chat with Shakil and my Mom will use it to chat with me while I'm in Pak. I guess I need to stop bitching and just be glad that the issue seems to be fixed. We'll see tomorrow when I chat with Shakil.

Until later...

Bye for now.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Remember, take deep breaths! I hate it that we depend so much on unreliable technology :)

I hope all your plans go well for traveling.

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We just gave up and purchase phone cards from www.phonecards.com We buy the 30 card and get a lot of minutes.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Aoife said...

Salaams,
Just wanted to say hi. I saw you linked on someone elses blog... may have been DP's comments...

I hope your trip to pakistan goes well.

Get in touch with the sister that runs http://sanchezsez.blogspot.com . She is a pakistani-american girl living in Dubai presently, but she just moved from Lahore... She can hook you up there, god willing.

I hope you have a safe trip.

I grew up in the area you live in. Its neat to see people talk about Grapevine.

3:42 PM  
Blogger bellywalker said...

Ew. Computers. Yuck. How many times have I wanted to do what the guy in your cartoon is doing? :-/ I have no experience calling Pakistan...so I can't offer any help. Good luck with everything -- your computer, your preparations for going to Pakistan, and most of all, your pregnancy! :-D

4:05 PM  
Blogger Aisha said...

:(. I hate tech support.... its equivalent to going to the dentist. I think my animosity towards computers can be explained by I hate it b/c I don't understand it!!! :)

9:13 AM  
Blogger piniyini said...

i think it was y messenger that did it. i installed it to after saying several times that they recommend us to upgrade and it took aages, simply but it was a pain in the butt.

on top of that it added loads of bookmarks, mail thingy, added a toolbar, tried changing home + search page, and loads of stuff to messenger that im not likely to use. it was trying to take over my lappy, i uninstalled in straight away dont need software like that!

// rant over ;-)

n my rents use phone cards too sobia.

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home