Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Still planning to leave for Pak...

***My sincere condolences go out to those who may have lost a loved one in the hurricane. My prayers also go out to anyone who may have not heard from their loved one yet - may everyone be safe and sound.***

The garage sale I had last weekend didn't do as well as I thought it would. I did manage to sell my washer/dryer and kitchen table/chairs - so I guess that is good. I still need to sell my sectional sofa. I think it's going to be a challenge to do so. I've got it advertised online through the local newspaper and I have received some calls but everyone seems to want something for nothing. I refuse to just give away my sofa. Shakil got an offer on it from someone who claimed he was sending the money order - blah, blah, blah but nothing has shown up. Go figure. There are so many damn liars out there.

I still would like to leave for Pakistan on September 25th. That's what Shakil and I are shooting for. I've got an OB appt on the 16th and I'll be 4 1/2 months at that point. We get to find out the sex! I'm so excited!! Plus I'll be able to see the baby for the last time before finishing up my pregnancy in Pak.

My Mom and I did have it out again the weekend of my garage sale about me leaving for Pak. She really started bitching at me and it just made me feel terrible. So with my hormones raging and in full effect - I bitched right back. Needless to say, she hasn't said anymore about me leaving. She's been very nice over the past several days - Thank God. I know she is concerned but she has to understand why I'm doing what I'm doing.

Saturday night was my best friend's wedding. It went off very well and I of course boo-hoo'd the entire ceremony. I cry at everything nowadays. Just the other day I was watching "The Karate Kid" and I just boo-hoo'd at the end. Oh and the Extreme Makover Home Edition - those get my tears flowin' too. I have hardly been able to watch any of the hurricane coverage because I just cry and cry for these people. :-(

I seem to have come down with something. I thought it was just sinuses but it's progressed into a sore throat, congestion, coughing, headache (big time) and this evening my whole body is aching. What the heck? Where did this come from? I'm keeping a check on it to make sure I'm not running a fever and I haven't been - Thank God. I guess I probably need to start a round of antibiotics - but I try not to take anything. I am taking Tylenol cold but that really isn't doing much. *sigh*

Other than that everything seems to be ok here. I'm just so ready to leave and be with Shakil!!! I can't wait to feel his great hugs and see that incredible smile of his!!!!

Until later...

Bye for now.

1 Comments:

Blogger bellywalker said...

Oh no! I hope that you feel better soon. Keep resting, try not to stress, and I agree with Dawn...I bet you'll feel so much better once you're back in Pak and with your husband...as a family: you, Shakil, and the still-very-little-one. :)

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home