Monday, August 15, 2005

Hubby said it was time to blog...

Earlier today Shakil informed me that I needed to blog. So here ya go babe! :-)

The weekend was fairly nice but still pretty darn hot here. On Saturday my Mom and I went to The Country Peddler Show at the Arlington Convention Center. Tickets are $6 and that ticket will last you all weekend. I think it's a great place to do your Christmas shopping if you are an early starter. There are just rows and rows of crafts and other goodies. I go there for the great potpourri that one of the vendors sells and also for the great homemade fudge. Colleen - if you are reading this - you remember? You and I went one year together. My Mom and I walked up and down the aisles looking at all the stuff. We stopped at one booth that was selling dip mixes. It's like premixed spices and all you have to add is mayo/sour cream. I got one dip called "Blazin' Saddles". I love spicy food and especially now I always seem to want something spicy. Well, this dip is definitely spicy and oh so yummy!

Sunday really consisted of me staying at home. I stay at home a lot these days. I feel so much more relaxed after leaving my job. I can actually sleep through the night and get some good rest. Friday night my two older brothers (Yes, I do have bro's - 2 very much older brothers - 1 is 39 and the other is 43 - I'm the baby at 29 years! - no sisters) are coming over and we're going to get all my stuff out of the storage I've had now for over 1 1/2 years. My washer/dryer that I'll be selling is in there and I'm sure I've got some other stuff that I'll be getting rid of. I plan to get everything sold - or try to on Saturday of this week. My sectional, coffee table and other stuff is here at my Mom's. My brother's just need to get it out to the garage for sale on Saturday. We shall see how it turns out. I hope I get it all sold and get the money together that I need to go be with Shakil in Pakistan.

It's raining here tonight and it sounds so good sitting here listening to the rain. It hasn't rained much at all here in what feels like forever. The dogs outside are barking, barking, barking at a possum that is up on the fence just staring at them. I'm surprised I can even hear the rain.

I'm off to bed.

Until later...

Bye for now.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jaycie said...

Yeah your hubby was right. It was time to blog. :P Anyway I hope you get everything sold so you can get back to him!

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, now you come with advertisements ha ha ha! Those a@@holes! Glad to hear from ya!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Yes!! I remember going there with you. OH I LOVED THAT PLACE!!! You always got that great potpourri...I think it was called Wedding...Something lol. Oh it smelled so good! Oh that fudge looked wonderful! I think you got some the last time too and ate most of it before we left lol. I am glad you went with your mom. It's nice that you 2 had some quality time together...

Miss and Love ya!

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home