Saturday, July 16, 2005

1 month gone by...

One month has gone by since I returned back to the U.S. from Pakistan but more importantly it is one month since I've seen Shakil. I look back over the past month and so many things have happened but it just seems like forever since I've seen him. We found out last week that Shakil will in fact have to file the I-601 waiver. This waiver takes 5 to 6 months to process. From what I've seen online based on timelines, most are done within 5 months. I do have the letter of hardship to go along with the waiver and I'll be mailing that out to Shakil next week. I also have a letter from my OB that states that I'm pregnant. The Embassy won't just take my word for it that I'm pregnant. The Embassy has already been notified that I'm pregnant and that I need Shakil back here with me. I just know in my heart that he'll get back here in time for the delivery. This is our first baby and I don't want him to miss a thing - but unfortunately he will miss some.

Last week at work was quite busy and it's really taking it's toll on me with the stress. I was so excited going back to my old job that I left to go to Pakistan. They are a great group of docs and my boss is good too. The part that bothers me is that when she hired me back, she told me that I'd be in a less stressful position with no deadlines. Hmmm...just 1 week - not even a week being back there, I'm back doing what I was doing before with mega stress and deadlines. I just don't get it - why did she not tell me that to begin with?? They also are already planning for my maternity leave and I'm only 2 1/2 months pregnant. I hope I'm never that way where my life just revolves around work all the damn time. My boss is just so career driven - which is fine if that is what you wanna do but that's not me. Her little girl just used to cry and cry when she left it at daycare and that makes me sad. I want to be able to be home with my baby. Right now I get home after 6 p.m. and if I had a newborn at home waiting for me then I'd have about 2 hours top with it a day (not counting weekends). The prob will be when Shakil comes back to the states. He can't work for 3 months (has to wait for employment auth). Many challenges ahead of us still.

Tomorrow is Sunday and my last day to relax before the week ahead. My best bud Steph wants to go for a swim tomorrow - we shall see. I went today to one of the largest outdoor flea markets in the area and had a really nice time. I got a beautiful pink comforter set that came with curtains to match. All for dirt cheap. It even has matching throw pillows and stuff. Stayed for a couple of hours and then it became so hot. Gotta love that Texas heat! ;-)

Until later...

Bye for now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

just surfing and found your blog. I can tell it's going to be a wild ride but it sounds like you are both strong and will make it!

By the way, I'm guessing you mean your baby is due inj Feb 06, not 05 as it says :)

10:00 PM  
Blogger camilla said...

hi..&...congrats. Keep hanging on there and I am sure your hubby will be beside you soon. Me and my hubby went through alot to get his residential status and well it was worth the wait and the prayers. Just like how my baby brought all the luck to her papa (his new job and his 'green card'), I am sure your baby will be too. ALL THE BEST.

3:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Tara, enjoy your blog!

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I left a comment below in the venting section. Also, a book which helped me out tremendously was What to Expect when you are Expecting. Lots of love. Hang in there!

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home