Sunday, August 21, 2005

Weekend update...

Last night I was up until after 1 a.m. talking to Shakil via yahoo messenger and somehow forgetting or wanting to forget I had to be up at 7 a.m. Today (Saturday) was the day that my bros were coming over to get all my stuff out of storage so I could cut out that $45 a month. The jerks raised my rent - not happy about that but it needed to all come out. So 7 a.m. rolls around and I'm just exhausted - barely hear the alarm go off and I think I just slammed my hand on it to make it go onto snooze. Well, I did manage to get my butt out of bed but was oh so wanting to get back into it and just sleep and sleep.

My bros arrived at 8 a.m. and we all headed over to my Uncle's to borrow his truck. Afterwards we headed over to my storage which is a nice 30 minute drive (I'm being sarcastic). I tell ya it sure was nice just being able to supervise and not have to do anything. My bros did it all and I barely had to lift a finger. I so appreciated that. It only took them about 1 1/2 hours to get it all out. It took the bed of a truck and the backseat plus 2 loads in 2 cars - if that makes any sense. :-) So it's done. They got it all over here to my Mom's. They set up my sofa, coffee table, kitchen table and washer/dryer up in the garage so I can just open it up to show a prospective buyer. Tomorrow I'll be working a bit more to get it all sold with signs out posted, etc. We did have some signs up but they all managed to blow down - Texas is supposed to be hot/dry/not much wind this time of year. Sheesh, yeah right- my signs didn't stand a chance.

My bro's left about 12:45 p.m. and I was just exhausted. I had cleaned my leather sectional up with some good leather cleaner, cleaned up the washer/dryer and used some polish on the coffee table. Needless to say, when the heat index was 107 degrees - I was beat!!!! Right after my bro's left I just had to get a nap in. In just a few more hours I was do to be at my best friends for her bachelorette party. Whewwwwwwwwww.

I did get about a 2 hour nap which saved me. I left about 4 p.m. to head to my friends. We went over to another gals house where there was going to be a little lingerie shower and appetizers. Steph got some really cute stuff but not sure how long she can wear 'em cause she just informed me like 2 days ago she is 7 weeks pregnant. OH MY. She and I have been friends for 12+ years and our babies will be 2 months apart in age. Kinda ironic I think. :-) I'm so happy for her.

After the gift giving and appetizers, etc. We headed on to a nice mexican restaurant named Esparza's. It's in the downtown area of Grapevine and it's a very historical area. This house that the restaurant was in must be 100's of years old - kinda neat. I wasn't too fond of the wait time though. We had to sit outside in the heat for a damn hour. Keep a pregnant woman out in the heat for that long and she is not a happy camper. I felt like I was melting. We finally get seated though and we're put in a room with a party of 15 or so. My gosh was it loud. They were just all shouting, etc. Just about drove me nuts. I was ready to pull my hair out. Needless to say my nerves were just shot by the time we left. The food was good but the atmosphere was less than good.

They all were heading to a comedy show in downtown Fort Worth called Four Day Weekend. The show wasn't do to start until 10 p.m. and there was just no way I could go so I headed home. Plus I just didn't want to be driving home that late by myself. It would have been at least a 45 minute drive after midnight. This mommy-to-be is past all that. No more!

It's after midnight yet again and I'm ready to turn in for the night. Oh, oh, oh, oh one more thing. Went to see my OB on Friday. I'm 3 1/2 months now and I got to have another sonogram. I saw my little baby and that heartbeat just beating away. Little legs/arms were just moving so fast. It was so wonderful. Shakil and I will know the sex of the baby in 4 weeks!!!!! Thank God for this precious gift and now letting me be more at ease. What a blessing.

Until later...

Bye for now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, congrats on seeing your little one for the first time. It's amazing, isn't it?

2:28 PM  
Blogger bellywalker said...

Congratulations on seeing your baby :-).

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home