Friday, September 02, 2005

Got some support...

Well you all know how my Mom hasn't been supporting me leaving for Pakistan and I mean not supporting AT ALL. I've been stressing out big time about getting my damn furniture sold. Nothing sells as quickly as you want it to and everyone wants something for nothing. I'm shocked at some of the offers that were made on my sectional. It's complete leather - no tears and in perfect condition. I will NOT just give it away. I paid too much for it a few years back. Anyway, they see it as used so I guess I can understand. Don't we all want something for less??

Today I woke up feeling much better from whatever it was I came down with. Just still have some congestion but I feel mucho better, Thank God! My Mom works part-time and I went to see her and have lunch with her. She told me that she now fully supports my decision to leave for Pakistan. She says she also now understands why I'm doing what I'm doing and it took her a while to get past it but she has. It's like the biggest relief to me to know I have the support of my Mom. I can leave her feeling some peace instead of being so upset. Get this - She is going to pay for my ticket to leave! Wooohooooooo.

Ok still shooting for leaving on the 25th. I've put 2 calls into travel agencies and both are supposed to return my call. Keep your fingers crossed that I can get out of here on the 25th. The domestic flight from Dallas/Fort Worth to Houston will not be a prob at all. I will have to leave out of Houston on PIA. But hey it's a direct flight with one stopover in Manchester. I've done it before by myself but this time....I've gotta baby on board!!!

I need a nap!!!!!

Until later...

Bye for now.

7 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

Glad everything worked out. I got your emails and will be working on writing back to them (its 4:30am right now). Can't sleep, but really really tired. I have a funny story to tell you in the email...

Love ya!

8:31 PM  
Blogger bellywalker said...

Glad to hear that you're feeling better and that you have your mother's blessings on your travel to Pakistan. Good luck with all your plans!

1:08 AM  
Blogger camilla said...

I am so happy that you mom is helping you out. Take care and start counting down the days :-)

8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank God for Moms, huh?

11:48 AM  
Blogger Aisha said...

Stumbled across your blog and read through a lot of your archives. Very interesting blog. Good luck in Pakistan!

5:28 PM  
Blogger piniyini said...

I can remember when we caught the PIA flight from Manchester, Dad said to me "Its an 8 hour flight for us but its another 8 hour flight for the Americans" and couldn't stop laughing!

7:20 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

piniyini - ha!! thanks for the reminder!!!! LOL

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home