Friday, September 09, 2005

sleepy preparations

You know I find that I'm so damn sleepy all the time. It's like I could sleep 24 hrs/day - 7 days/week. Anytime and I do mean anytime I lay down - I'm out like a light. The joys of pregnancy I guess. :-) I'm so new to all this pregnancy stuff and I've done so much reading online about it and through some good books. I think I learn something new everyday - which is very cool. Plus I've received lots of good advice. 1 week from today I get to find out the sex of our baby!!!! I turned 17 weeks yesterday. I surrrrrrre hope that 'baby Shak' (that's what Shakil and I call the baby) cooperates!

Preparations are moving along nicely for me leaving to Pak. Less than 2 weeks now before I leave. I've gotten lots of good stuff to take with me. You'd be surprised what is available in Lahore but is just so damn expensive. Yesterday I bought 2 bottles of antibacterial handsoap. Handsoap is available there but the prices are ridiculous. Plus come to think of it - I never saw anyone using any type of antibacterial handwash while I was there. This is my 3rd visit to Pakistan and the first 2 times I never saw it. I think most just use bar soap to wash their hands. I prefer antibacterial handsoap myself.

I've gotten other things like hairspray, toothpaste, deodorant, etc. All of those things are available too but as I said - the prices are ridiculous. Plus you risk the chance of it being old. I remember when Shakil and I would go to a market to do some shopping and I'd point out something and he'd tell me that it is probably old. I'm shocked at what all is actually old.

I heard from Shakil that my mother-in-law decided to rearrange our bedroom. What the hell for? I informed him to get it back the way it was. I don't want any frustrations the minute I get there. We had the bed and a/c positioned where I could feel it blowing on me. I like it nice and cold and Shakil likes it not as cold. So the good compromise was to just position it to blow on me and we could turn it up to about 26 or 27 degrees. I'd really prefer 24 degrees. :-)

My nerves are shot to shit this afternoon. I'm really on edge. Even any sort of loud noise is driving me nuts. Sheesh.

Until later...

Bye for now.

2 Comments:

Blogger camilla said...

when I was pregnant, I could not wait to be back home to my bed after office. I slept every evening :D. Really nice to be pregnant (minus the morning sickness and everything else). Husband did all the work in the house. So enjoy all you can. I am so glad you are going to be with your hubby soon. The countdown begins :)

2:01 AM  
Blogger Aisha said...

If hubby's got your back when it comes to dealing with the MIL issues you have nothing to fear, from personal experience I've learned that's the most important thing!

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home