Saturday, September 17, 2005

Lookin' like....


It's a girl!!!!!!!






I went to see my OB for my check up Friday. I was 18 weeks Thursday - man does time fly by with pregnancy quicker than I thought. If only immigration moved this quickly! ;-) My OB did an ultrasound and she is pretty darn sure it's a girl. She pointed out what made her feel it was a girl and even went back again to check. I got to see its little head profile, nose, a little hand, etc. - just precious!! My OB is trying to get me in with a tech that comes to her office on Tuesday's and Thursday's that can give me even further confirmation. Right now the tech is booked for Tuesday (I leave for Pak on Wednesday) and they are hoping for a cancellation. The receptionist said she was 80% sure I would be able to get in. We shall see. If all else fails I can get further confirmation when I get to Pakistan.

Yep, 3 more days and I leave for Pakistan to reunite with Shakil. I leave Wednesday at 8 p.m. out of Houston. It has been over 3 months since we've seen one another. I know I sure don't look the same being inches away from 5 months pregnant. Man I dread that flight but it is so worth it to me in the end. Everytime I've gone it's been just so wonderful to see him standing there waiting for me. I always want to drop my bags and go run to him but unfortunately in an Islamic country - you don't see too much public displays of affection - AT ALL! I'm not a big fan of public display of affection but I see nothing wrong with a hug. Oh well - at home we can hug all we want, right? :-)

Just wanted to share our good news. Hoping and praying everything stays ok with baby and we are blessed with its presence after a few short months. :-)

**Thank you again to everyone for your nice comments and support. We appreciate it so much.

Until later...

Bye for now.

7 Comments:

Blogger piniyini said...

awww ;-)

9:44 AM  
Blogger camilla said...

Congrats & Best Wishes. Take care Tara

5:22 AM  
Blogger bellywalker said...

congratulations!!! :-D

5:00 PM  
Blogger ayalguita said...

COngratulations Tara!!!! You are going to enjoy your little girl so much!

5:17 PM  
Blogger Aisha said...

Congratulations :)

9:39 PM  
Blogger pghjezebel said...

How sweet, a girl! Many congrats to you and Shakil!!!

8:18 AM  
Blogger Jaycie said...

Little girls really are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Oh I can't wait to see her! I hope you made it safely to Pakistan.

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home