Sunday, September 25, 2005

What day is it???

Hmmm…seems that is what I’m asking myself lately. Travel overseas on a 17+ hour flight and that is what happens to ya. You don’t even know which end is up – ok maybe not that bad but it sure seems like it. I’ll be glad when it all levels out.

Let’s see, what has gone on since I’ve arrived here. Where did I leave off on my last post? Oh well, anyways things are fine here besides me not knowing what day it is or what time it is. My first night here I had to spend alone because Shakil works nights 4 days a week. He works all night Friday/Monday and then on Sat/Sun it’s only till 2 a.m. So Friday night was a 12 hr night for him and I had to sleep alone – not too bad though. I think I had mentioned how I slept for a long period of time and then I managed to stay up until he got home at 5 a.m.

You can’t even begin to imagine how wonderful it was to have him next to me when he got home in the a.m.. The way I describe it is – when I’m with Shakil it always feels like home. All the frustrations of being apart, all the stress and all of God only knows what else – is gone. When I’m with him I know that everything is going to be ok.

I finally got to see my FIL/BIL (father-in-law and brother-in-law) and that is what I call them – FIL/BIL. They do EVERYTHING together. They are ALWAYS together, in fact I’ve told Shakil they are attached at the hip. So I just think the names “FIL” and “BIL” are fitting. Shakil and I both sleep most of the day away so that’s why I had even gotten to see them yet. It was nice to see them both after being gone for over 3 months. FIL of course has plenty to talk about. I think my FIL has a great sense of humor. I always have a good laugh when I’m around him. He does make me feel very comfortable.

I’m typing this up again after 2 a.m. so when I’m thinking today – I’m thinking Sunday but it’s actually Monday morning. Anywaysssss on Sunday FIL/BIL left to go back to Karachi. FIL/BIL will stay about 3 to 4 weeks if that in Karachi and will return to Lahore afterwards. Must be nice to just come and go all the time. Not by train though, they take the damn train and I don’t think I could stand to be on one as long as they do to head to Karachi. It’s a long journey. I prefer planes – always.

MIL (mother-in-law) has been giving me lots of food. She must think I’m hungry all the time. If there is one thing I’ve learned about Paki mil’s – they LOVE to feed you all the time. It’s constant. Either food, juice, water – you name it. This evening she ordered us a pizza and it was gooooooood! She was wanting me to keep having more, more, more – geez, I’m FULLLLLLLL!!! No more than 3 hours after I ate the pizza she brought me some Kufta with veggies and toast. Whaaaaaaaaaat tha??????? Well, I ate it because I had been craving something spicy and she said it was spicy – so I was all for it. I’m not complaining at all really. She’s been very sweet. She comes to keep me company for a bit while Shakil is at work and just chats with me about random stuff – more about my baby-to-be than anything – which is my favorite topic!

I think I’ve blabbed enough for now. Shakil will be home in about 15 minutes so I’m outta here!

Until later…

Bye for now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are having a nice time. And the insisting you eat thing is all culture...people will be polite and say no there about three times before they take more ha ha. Hope to read more of your posts soon!

5:34 PM  
Blogger ayalguita said...

Hi Tara, you are so lucky your inlaws seem to be so nice with you, I wish mine were like that too, but nooooooooo!!!!
:)

3:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home