Saturday, November 12, 2005

Get it while you can

Yesterday my MIL made a nice pot of rice with some veggies and potatoes in it. I didn't have any at lunch time when it was ready because I had some minced chicken that I needed to cook. I was just going to cook it up into burgers, freeze them and have them when I wanted them. You know, since food is an issue here - with me at least. Shakil and I usually have a really late lunch - meaning around 2 p.m. or so. This is all because of Shakil's night work schedule and I'm pretty much on the same schedule as him. I usually have a nap in the late evening after Shakil goes to work and by the time I wake up - I'm pretty darn hungry.

I wake up, go downstairs and start going through the fridge to see what there is to eat. I should now say, what is left for me to eat. I wanted to eat the some of the rice/veggies that MIL made but I couldn't find it anywhere. I found some chicken kabab like things that she made - had those - but where the heck is the rice? I finally found it in a hot pot. I was amazed to find that there was only a small portion left. My FIL and BIL had managed to consume almost a FULL pot of rice/veggies and this is no small pot - it's big. I've noticed that my FIL and BIL do not eat at all during the day and when they come home it is as if they are just famished. I'm really not complaining - ok yes I am. I just think they should be considerate of others and leave some for everyone else.

Tonight, same thing - took my little nap, woke up ready to eat, went downstairs to hunt for food and found out that everything was about gone. What the heck? My MIL had just finished cooking about 4 hours earlier and there is barely any left. Needless to say, tonights dinner sucked because there just wasn't much left. I had said to Shakil last night that I had learned my lesson. I would just make sure to get a dinner portion for myself after MIL finishes cooking. Otherwise when FIL and BIL get a hold of it - it'll be gone. I guess I really need to follow through with that because it's been 2 nights in a row that this has happened.

So my subject was "Get it while you can". If you don't get it while you can here at our house - you won't get it at all!!!!

Until later...

Bye for now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

Yes, everyone knows I have issues with MIL's food. The rice/veggies was a dish that MIL knew I would be having in the evening. I just should have saved some out for myself so FIL/BIL wouldn't devour it like they did. MIL doesn't have to keep food for me - I can take care of that myself. I may not like what she has kept out because it is too oily or what not. I will just keep out some food for myself when I see a dish that I like and will have it at dinner time. :-)

4:06 PM  
Blogger Aisha said...

yeah, i think maybe MIL thought you wouldnt want any.

Aside from the food issues, things are fine with you guys?

If so, count your blessings :)

2:19 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Aisha,

Yep, aside from the food issues - everything is just fine with us.

Thanks!!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Aisha said...

alhamdullilah :) If thats your only gripe than perhaps she's a nice lady and so you could talk to her about how you're feeling?

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home