Friday, November 11, 2005

Lookin' good!!

Well.....my blood pressure has returned to normal - thank God. I feel so much better about it now. Shakil and I have made all the necessary changes here at home to make sure I can keep it normal. I do have "some" salt every now and then - it's not completely cut out but I think I'm doing very well with my diet. Hopefully I won't have had any weight gain at my next appt either. I gained a whopping 2 pounds when I was on bedrest with NO activity for 4 days. Doc was like, "how did that happen"? HELL IF I KNOW BUT IT DID!!! Sheesh.

I think MIL has made some changes in her cooking - can you believe it???? She made some daal the other day that was cooked very nicely with less salt. When one goes on a diet with salt restrictions, salt becomes the FIRST thing you recognize when there is too much. Today she made some rice with some veggies and some chicken kabab like things. Both were seasoned nicely with less salt. The oil content was lower as well - that's a big plus! So 2 points for MIL on her cooking today.

Last night Shakil took me out to a local restaurant here called "Gunsmoke". It is quite a neat restaurant with all sorts of western decor. You'd think you were sitting at a restaurant in some little western town in Texas. The ambiance is great and the waiters even dress up like cowboys. I've been there once before but last night was exceptionally good. We had burgers/fries and nice big bowl of chili for an appetizer. I'm surprised at how good the chili was. Makes me want to make some and I just might.

Doing laundry tonight and that is always a chore since there is no normal washing machine here. I started giving my clothes to the maid to to do but today I just felt like doing it myself. I never imagined when starting my 7th month of pregnancy that I'd be doing laundry like this. It actually is very good exercise for my arms which always need some toning. Shakil is at work and it really makes the time pass by when I'm here alone. Clothes are out on the line and no room for any more. Since the weather has become cooler here, it takes quite a while for the clothes to dry up. When I was here in the early summer time - you could put clothes out on the line and they would be dried up in an hour - if that! It rocked!!!

Well better go finish up.

Until later...

Bye for now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Living Away said...

i'm glad that you are fine and your mil's cooking is less salty!
sounds nice, hum!
take care!

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are better! Gunsmoke sounds like fun, I'm going to suggest my sil goes there! It is in Lahore right? I can gain 2 lbs in a day...don't worry about that ha ha!

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home