Friday, December 09, 2005

Got sick :-(

I thought I was doing pretty good here considering its almost been 3 months I've been back here now and nothing has gotten me sick. It alllllllllll changed early Thursday morning. Let me start from the beginning. Wednesday night hubby and I were watching t.v. and of course in the late evening I became hungry (one of the trials and tribulations of being over 7 1/2 mos pregnant - I'm regularly hungry). I decided that I'd make some chicken wings. We have a box of frozen wings in the freezer that are by a reputable company we choose to use. The company is K&N. I've never had any problems with their chicken product at all. I also had a side of dal (lentils) that I had previously cooked. Those wings went down great - they tasted fantastic to me. I really enjoyed them. I did peel off the skin trying to be a bit more healthy since they were fried.

Shakil and I went to bed at about 2 a.m. At 5 a.m. I was making regular and I mean regular trips to the restroom. Then the stomach pains started shortly thereafter. I waited until 9 a.m. to wake up Shakil to tell him that I wasn't feeling well. He told me to lay down and try to relax but the pains in my stomach just became worse and worse. In the meantime, I had drank some 7-up in hopes that might help a bit. No more than 30 minutes after I drank that 7-up - I vomited it up. :-( God I hate to puke!! Yuck!! I only vomited once but did all the dry heaving with it - the worst!!

Shakil got on the phone and tried to contact my OB to get some advice on what we needed to do. Well, he couldn't get a hold of my OB via his cell phone. My OB had his cell phone turned off. The pains in my stomach would start to come and go and I was still making those trips to the restroom. At about 11:30 a.m. Shakil was able to finally get a hold of my OB. He suggested that I take 2 imodium right then and if I was still visiting the restroom in the afternoon then to take 1 more. The 2 imodium did the job - thank God. My OB also suggested a med to get for the nausea/vomiting. Doc said that I could have some fruits and stay on clear liquids for 24 hours. I proceeded to have a banana and puked that up as well. Sheesh!! Shakil got the med for my stomach and I took it immediately. I guess about 30 minutes later my stomach pains completely subsided and I was finally able to get some sleep and rest. I slept the entire and I do mean ENTIRE rest of the day.

This morning I had some eggs and they settled just fine with stomach. I haven't had any more issues. We are assuming it was the chicken wings I had but Shakil had the same wings the next day and had no problems, hell if I know what happened. Maybe it was the dal - it had been in the fridge for several days. We just don't know. Shakil thinks it is just normal pregnancy issues but I told him not to this extent. It was bad!! I feel better now and that is alllll that matters.

Its about 1 a.m. here right now and I've got some chicken marinating for Chicken Handi. It has become one of my favorite dishes here. I think it is a lot like the Butter chicken but has a bit more of a kick to it. I'll be cooking that up here shortly. Yes, my timing is allll screwed up. I'm usually awake at night and sleep during the day with hubby since we works nights.

Until later...

Bye for now.

3 Comments:

Blogger wayfarer said...

Aw. Glad you feel better now! Hmm, that sounds like a good dish. Care to email me the recipe?

3:41 PM  
Blogger Living Away said...

wow!! what a night! i hope you and the baby are doing fine now!
take care!

leandra

4:30 PM  
Blogger Baji said...

Aww, that must be scary to be sick while pregnant. I hope that you are better now. Take care.

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home