Sunday, November 27, 2005

MIL has left!!!!!!!!

Yes, that's right - you read it correctly - MIL has left!! I know I sound horrible and I really don't mean for it to sound that way. Shakil had mentioned to me the day before they left that I should tell FIL that he should take MIL back with him to Karachi when he leaves. I pondered it over and wondered how I could just strike up the conversation with FIL about MIL leaving with him.

Well the night before they left Shakil, FIL and I were sitting in the drawing room and FIL asked me if MIL was still bothering me. I was like, whaaaaaa - perfect opportunity to say something and of course I did. I hesitated a bit at first but did tell him that I'd like her to go to Karachi with him. I told him that we just need a break from one another and it's nothing personal - it's just time. I want that time alone with Shakil before our baby comes because we allllllllll know after a newborn arrives - there is not much alone time anymore. I'm not knockin' it - I can't wait.

FIL agreed and said that I needed to tell her to go to Karachi. Well we (Shakil really) had been asking her for several days if she wanted to go and she would respond with a quick yes. I was starting to wonder why the hell she didn't want to leave after she kept saying she wanted to go. I was convinced she was just wanting to keep "mothering" me and being way too overbearing/pushy. I didn't tell her that I wanted her to go - I think maybe Shakil discussed it with her again. FIL did say he had a ticket for her to leave and that gave us hope but she was still saying she wasn't going.

The next day Shakil walks out of our bedroom to find MIL packing!!!!!!! Oh yes!!!! I couldn't believe it when he walked back in and told me she was leaving. They left about 3:00 in the afternoon yesterday and I just wanted to run around the house and yell, "Thank God - I'm free - free at last!!" It was great.

I'm not so used to being here alone at night since Shakil works nights. Last night was my first night alone - he gets off at 3 a.m. on Saturday nights and tonight (Sunday) is the same deal. I guess it is not so bad but the 2 nights he works until 6 a.m. are probably going to bother me a bit.

Made a great chinese dish this evening since I had the kitchen allllllllllllll to myself!! It was a chinese rice with chicken and veggies. I'm surprised at how well it turned out. I'm not used to the rice here or how to cook it. It usually comes out all soft/lumpy. This time it turned out very good. I'm going to pat myself on the back if ya don't mind!! :-)

20 more minutes until Oprah starts. I spent 2 hours in the kitchen cooking so it's time to relax but I need a shower first.

Until later...

Bye for now.

8 Comments:

Blogger Baji said...

Waahoooo! That's great! You need this time together before the babe. Enjoy your moments.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Living Away said...

i cannot imagine myself living with my MIL ever!!!
we are as water and oil. she even said that i don't need to go to her funeral, what i think is great, since i don't need to make faces then!!
enjoy your time!!

12:15 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Tara :)

I bet you are so happy to finally have that alone time. I don't know what I would have done if my MIL stayed that long with me. I probably have gone insane lol.

So how long is she going to be gone for?

Congrats on the awsome food you made!! Sounds really yummy!!

Love and Hugs!!

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tara, you are a brave brave woman. That would have been enough in my house to set off a war. ha ha ha Was your MIL mad and was your husband shocked that you were so straight forward?

11:38 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

Sobia,

No, MIL doesn't seem to be mad at all. Shakil had already discussed with her about all of this, etc. and how we needed some privacy. She really wanted to go to Karachi so it worked out well.

Shakil was encouraging me to let FIL know what was going on and he knew that FIL would take her to Karachi with him. Once again, it worked out good for us - at least this time, huh? ;-)

Take care!

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) I'm glad then. I think my MIL just looks for reasons to start a war. ha ha As for the privacy thing, she would never understand that. She keeps telling me, there is no privacy in a combined family system. :)

3:07 PM  
Blogger wayfarer said...

enjoy the time to yourself!

5:35 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

I guess there is always that one who is not going to agree with what I've said on here. Thanks for the comment anyways.

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home