Thursday, December 22, 2005

Down in the dumps

Well, I wish I could tell you that I've been feeling good but lately I've been feeling very emotional. I guess that goes with being separated from my family for so long and also being in a unfamiliar country. It may also go with being 8 months pregnant - hell if I know.

Life isn't easy for me here at all by any stretch of the imagination. For anyone who hasn't ever been to another country, there are just so many differences - which you know are to be expected but until you really experience it - you'll never even imagine how it is.

I guess everyone gets down every now and then regardless of where they are - I shouldn't be any different. I guess I'm just too wrapped up in my own emotions to really think about how I'm not the only one. Selfish I guess.

I went to the OB for my 32 week check and everything is fine with baby. I will be having an ultrasound at my next visit where I'm 34 weeks. I'm verrrrrrrry excited about seeing her again and how much she's grown - God knows I've grown!! ha ha Not much more time left, I'm on the homestretch as I keep saying. :-)

Note to self: chin up, keep going, everything will be just fine! Today is new day.

Until later...

Bye for now.

7 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

Hey Tara :)

I know exactly how you feel. I think because of the holidays and Christmas coming up, I also have been feeling depressed and having the occasional cry. Mo keeps trying to cheer me up, but he knows I am really hurting. I feel like I am missing out on so many things back home and I hate that.

This is my 2nd Christmas here and I am really feeling it this year than last (because I was so sick). Don't worry, things will get better for you. And before you know it, your mom will be there with you :)

Sending lots of hugs your way!!

Love ya lots!!!

2:57 AM  
Blogger ayalguita said...

salaam Tara!!! Yes, layla is right , is also this time of the year that makes us all feel a bit weird. I have lived 3 years in another country andI know how it feels. And I was living in the Uk which have less differences to our way of live than Pakistan, so I can imagine is hard for you there. Me and Nuria send you lots of kisses from Spain:)xxxxxx

4:55 AM  
Blogger wayfarer said...

Sorry you are feeling down. I think what you are feeling is 100% normal. The hormones don't help either. Insh'Allah you'll be feeling better soon...just think of your little blessing in your arms.

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

poor, Tara. I'm feeling all emotional too. I bet today will be a better day for you though. Just hang in there. Being pregnant is hard work in itself. Baby yourself and get plenty of rest. Have nice hubby spoil you for a little while. I hope you feel better soon.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Gulperi said...

Hey Tara.. Hang in there!!! Your mom will be there SOON, right? It is pregnancy.. it could be the holidays.. but even w/o the holidays, I would definitely say it is the pregnancy sis!.. Been there done that too many times. :) Alhamdulilah! less than 8wks left and then all your emotions will be lessened, insha'Allah when you hold your beautiful baby girl!..

A sono so late in pregnancy, how wonderful!! :) I am sure you will enjoy that and I think everyone would love to see a pic!! :)

Hang in there sis! HuGs!

10:35 PM  
Blogger Baji said...

Hugs! I can't imagine how difficult it must be at times. Hope that hubby will spoil you a bit, you need it!

10:26 AM  
Blogger Jaycie said...

Hope you're feeling better by now. I can't imagine how hard it must've been being away from your fam and everything.

12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home