Friday, December 16, 2005

Updates...

Well, today is Saturday - bright and early, it's almost 5 a.m. I'm sitting here next to the heater which btw is working much better now. There hasn't been any fumes. I'm chatting off and on to Shakil and I just finished chatting with my Mom in the U.S. I'm inches from hitting 32 weeks in my pregnancy and I find that I'm just as tired and sleepy as I was in my first trimester. I found the 2nd trimester to be the most enjoyable. You just feel more "normal" I guess. It was my best time. I feel like I'm on the homestretch now though and soon God willing our little girl will be here. Today I was laying on the sofa watching some t.v. and I had the remote control on my tummy and I got the strongest kick from her - the remote control completely raised up off my tummy. Strong little girl we have. :-)

My Mom received her Pakistan visa just the other day. She'll be purchasing her ticket most likely tomorrow and will be arriving here on February 3rd. This will be her second time to come here. She came here the 1st time with me when I married Shakil back in February of 2004. So she has met a good part of the family and she'll be able to become even more acquainted with them this time 'a round since she'll be here for a longer period of time. She is becoming more and more excited by the day at the thought of another grandchild. I have 2 brothers and only 1 of them has kids - 2 of them, ages 13 and 11 so its been a while since there has been a baby in the family.

Just the other day Shakil bought our little girl her crib. It is just precious and I can't wait to see her in it. We pretty much have everything together and there will only be a few more things that I need. My Mom is bringing more stuff from the U.S. because the prices of things here are just ridiculous. For example, I'm going to be using the Avent bottles. In the U.S. I maybe paid $2 and some change for a bottle. Here they cost well over $5 per bottle. Even things like bibs cost more here and even baby lotion and baby wash, etc.

I go to the doc on Wednesday for my 32 week check and I should be getting another ultrasound at 36 weeks. I'll need to confirm that with the doc.

FIL, MIL and BIL arrive back here on Sunday at 8 a.m. so things should start to get more interesting again or aggravating - one or the other.

Until later...

Bye for now.

4 Comments:

Blogger ayalguita said...

salaam Tara! I also found the second tremester to be the most enjoyable,the third one is cool as well, because you see your belly getting bigger and bigger, and you will feel the baby a lot (nuria must have been having parties in there, specially at night lol). The problem is that the bigger you get, the more tired you get as well! You rest and enjoy, and wait for your mum to come and help you that is great she can come. Oh, by the way I don't like Avent bottles, Nuria don't like them, she refuses to drink from the one I have, my sil got it for me, but Nuria says no way lol. I bought her all of hers from a brand called Bebeconfort, they are special shape and they prevent colics. I will post a pic of them on my blog tomorrow If I have time. I also have electric sterilizer from the same brand:) Oh and one question for you, what kind of dummies do you get? Here we use the ones that in the UK are called orthodonthic or something like that, they have special shape, in UK they are rare as they use the avent ones, which are straight, but here they say the straight ones are not good for the babies mouth, so they recommend at least in the beginnig this other ones .If you can't get them I would love to send some to you!Anyway, this is a long comment, lol, I get overexcited talking about baby things lolololol:)

6:23 PM  
Blogger camilla said...

Hi Tara.It's better to be excited than worried in the last trimester. You will do all fine with your mom and your hubby beside you. All the best.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Aisha said...

how exciting! How long is mom in town for?

9:21 PM  
Blogger Gulperi said...

hey Tara where you at? Update already!! :)

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home