Saturday, December 31, 2005

Updates and a Happy New Year!!!

I first wanted to wish everyone a very Happy New Year!!!! Here's hoping for a great year ahead!!!

Well, I'm inches from 34 weeks now and I'm really and I do mean really uncomfortable these days. My sleep is just not the same and I can barely turn over in bed. Shakil has to give me a good push so I can get myself turned over. I'm in my 8th month and I can't imagine how my 9th is going to be. YIKES!! I have an ultrasound on the 6th and I'm counting down the days. I cannot wait to see my little girl in action again and this late in pregnancy!! :-) My Mom will be here in 1 month and I'm so very anxious to see her and by the time she arrives it will be almost 5 months since I've seen her.

A wedding for Shakil's 1st cousin started a few days back and I really had the intention of not attending any of the functions. My MAIN reason (there were other reasons but...) was that I just didn't have anything fancy to wear to it and when the 2nd function rolled around I got to thinking about that maybe I should go BUT I did need something nice to wear. I told Shakil and the next morning he took me out to find something/tailored for the wedding that night - Yes, that night. He was able to purchase the fabric, give it to the tailor and it was ready about 1 hour before we were to leave for the function. This function was held over at the brides house outside. I have to admit it was a beautiful setup. I have never seen so many people before - I can't even begin to imagine how many were there.

Since you might be wondering or not what my other reason for not attending would be (yes, I'm going to tell you anyways) I have a hard time with LARGE crowds and I mean large crowds where most people don't know me, know me or won't talk to me, etc. I'm just different in their eyes and I understand that but it doesn't make it easy on me. I decided to suck it up and I attended. I did have a nice time and a big thanks goes out to hubby who bought me the beautiful shalwar kameez to wear. I think the only negative thing that happened was that I wore heels - no I'm not crazy, it was all I had to wear, some standing, lots of walking around and the braxton hicks that decided to occur while I was there. When we arrived home that night, I was beat. I woke up about 5 a.m. with the worst leg cramps!!!!!!! I feel like an old woman!

I've attended another function last night since the one I mentioned and it went just as well. I had a nice time. The food was fabulous. There is one more to go Sunday night and then its all over. I think I'm happy about that.

Let's see, what else...oh yes, the servant here. My MIL HAS to have a servant here and I'm fed up with this boy. He is at least 13 years old and she pampers him so much. There are some things I can tolerate and some things that I just have NO tolerance for. One thing I have NO tolerance for and hubby agrees as well is hygiene. I have started calling him "dirty boy" to Shakil. He doesn't know how to wash dishes - we find dirty plates, etc and there is much more but I'll refrain from going over it all. Shakil tells me he just has to be trained - well he's been here for a while now and there are still issues with him and I've been told that servants are just constant issues and you have to watch them alllllllllll the time. I'm praying that he's gone SOON!

I think that is enough updating for now - I gotta lay down! :-)

Until later - hopefully not MUCH later...

Bye for now.

3 Comments:

Blogger bellywalker said...

Happy New Year, Tara! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Tara :)

Happy New Year to you too!!

11:23 AM  
Blogger camilla said...

Happy New Year Tara. Another one more month to go...you still got one more countdown ya. :)

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home