Monday, January 23, 2006

Waiting and waiting...

I think as each week passes by I become more and more anxious. I'm at 37 wks now and I feel like my due date (Feb. 12th) is dayssssssssssss away. I guess its not too far away but I'm becoming more and more miserable as the days go on. I'm starting to wonder how much bigger my stomach can get and my gosh is it tight/hard now.

Last night Shakil and I stayed away from home and I started having some pretty strong contractions - some that really took me off my feet where I had to sit down and wait for it to pass before I could get up again. Once I got into bed and layed down to relax - they subsided. My Mom arrives on the 3rd so I'm hoping/praying that baby doesn't decide to make her appearance before her grandmother gets here!!!

Sleep? What is that? I don't get much of it anymore at all. I seem to get a couple or hours here and there and most of the time its interrupted sleep. Shakil schedule at work has changed and he's doing some training for the next 2 wks from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. (Monday - Friday). I was at first a bit aggravated that he'd be gone all night long but now I've got the bed allllllllllll to myself with some peace and quiet - no snoring to listen to. :-)

I don't have much else to update on. My MIL is still driving me nuts but at his point I think anything could drive me nuts!!

Until later...

Bye for now.

5 Comments:

Blogger ayalguita said...

Salaam Tara!!!! It is so close now!!! You are having BRaxton Kicks, they are the contractions that come before the real ones, they are preparing your body for delivery!!! But don't worry, I was having this contractions for a month before giving birth, so they don't mean that your baby is ready yet!:) Nuria was born exactly on her due date, well, no, now that I think so, she was due 15th Augost, I went on labor on the 15th, waited to go hospital until 17pm, but she was born at 00:50am of the 16th hahaha:)

Take care and try to get as much rest as possible you will need all your energies when the time comes!:)

2:27 AM  
Blogger wayfarer said...

You are getting so close. Exciting! Enjoy the sleep w/o hubby. :-D

9:27 AM  
Blogger Baji said...

Masha'Allah!

4:31 PM  
Blogger piniyini said...

My sis is expecting too, due date 16th Feb. She waddless like a penguin its funny ;P

5:09 PM  
Blogger Jaycie said...

Hang in there! You will be relieved soon. I remember how uncomfortable I was too! I could hardly sleep. Oh it sucked big time! I'm sorry!

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home