Sunday, February 05, 2006

Sara Elizabeth has arrived!!!!


My baby girl is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me give you the story. On Wednesday the 1st I went in for my 38 week appt and had been feeling bad for the 2 days prior and was even feeling bad while I was in the waiting room. I just didn't feel "right". I had been sleeping quite a bit and was having constant headaches. Well, the night before I decided I better check my BP because of the headaches - just what I figured my BP had shot up to 146/100 and that was at midnight and I had been resting. Per usual the nurse at the doctor's office checked my BP at the visit and it was about 140/90 which isn't too bad - but still high. The doc came in and he was not happy with that BP and made the nurse check again after he did an internal exam on me - which by the way Sara had not dropped yet and my cervix was still closed up nice and tight. Next BP reading was 160 something over 100. Doctor immediately set up for me to be admitted in the hospital for observation. He told me that we needed to get the baby out soon. He wanted me the BP to be monitored and if it stayed up high he was going to deliver same day on the 1st and if it lowered some he would deliver her on the 2nd. He also did the fetal heart monitoring on her and she did show some distress.

After leaving the doctor Shakil and I were of course very excited about Sara coming sooner but tense at the same time. We headed home and I called my Mom to tell her the news. She was due to leave to come here in a few hours. I was hoping Sara would hold out and she did but the BP just took over things. I had a feeling that my BP would go back up in the end of pregnancy. I already had Sara's bag packed but my bag was not packed at all.

To make a very long story short Sara came by C - section on the 2nd of February. Shakil was with me in the OR and that was very comforting. I was so very scared. I wasn't able to get the epidural because of a big curve in my spine that I didn't even know existed. They did general anesthesia on me so I was completely knocked out. Sara was born Feb. 2nd at 12:15 p.m., weighing 6 pounds 9 ounces, 16 1/2 inches long. I have to admit she is absolutely beautiful and she has captured both of our hearts.

I got to leave the hospital on Sunday the 5th. Tonight is Sara's first night home. My Mom did arrive here safely but was several hours late for the birth. I'm just glad she is here - its been wonderful. :-)

Shakil is quite the proud father. I can already tell Sara has got him wrapped around her finger. The way he looks at her is just priceless and makes me feel all warm inside.

Thank you to everyone for your thoughts/prayers. Big thank you to Ayalguita for what you sent baby Sara. The toy will come in handy big time and the little outfit is just toooo cute!! Thank you, thank you!!

Until later...

Bye for now.

18 Comments:

Blogger ayalguita said...

CONGRATULATIONS TARA!!!! Wowowowow, I was thinking why haven't she write yet? Oh my god, she is so gorgeous!!! I love the name Sara and you write it the spanish way as well hehehe:) I'm happy you got the parcel and that you like the outfit I loved it because it looked like a little salwar kameez hehehe:) Keep us posted on how things go! I will pray you make a quick recovery from the c-section and can enjoy your baby fully with no pains hehehe:)Lots of love from Spain!

2:41 PM  
Blogger bellywalker said...

Congratulations to you and your husband!!!!!! :-D She is absolutely adorable! (Thanks for posting about it too...hehe) :-)

3:01 PM  
Blogger Baji said...

Mash'Allah! She is beautiful Congrats!!!!!!

3:02 PM  
Blogger Jaycie said...

oh Tara.. words can't say how gorgeous she is!!! What a little peanut! She was 1 oz heavier than Zara. I hope you recover quickly from the c section! I'm so happy your mom is there safe it must be so great to have her with you!!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Southern Masala said...

Masha'Allah Tara she is beautiful. And I am partial to the name Elizabeth as well (it's my middle name too!). Congrats! - Susan

3:34 PM  
Blogger rabiaiman said...

mubarak on ur beautiful daughter!!! may Allah bless her and may ur recovery be a smooth one.===rabia

4:15 PM  
Blogger camilla said...

congrats. I am so happy for you. Sara is such a beautiful baby. Maashallah.

9:09 PM  
Blogger pghjezebel said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a cutie-pie!

10:35 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Tara!!! :)

Oh my gosh!! I am so happy for you!!! I didn't see you online and had a feeling something was going on over there!!! She is so beautiful!!! I am so happy for you and Shakil.

I am glad that your mom is there!!! Please tell her hi for me.

Take care and lots of hugs!

3:31 AM  
Blogger Zunaster said...

:D This is so wonderful, I love the name Sara and herself. I feel like holding her too. Wish you quick recovery !

4:55 AM  
Blogger Marina said...

Tara, your daughter is absolutely gorgeous. I have been lurking on your blog for a while now but I of course had to comment on that adorable baby of yours.

Congrats!!

7:44 AM  
Blogger Me said...

Congratulations from a silent (and pregnant) reader of your blog. I have been checking back here regularly, hoping to find a progress report. Now if that's not a report, I don't know what is. I look forward to hearing more about your new life with Sara!

8:10 AM  
Blogger Gulperi said...

OMG! I haven't read anything yet, but I MUST SAY SHE IS BEAUTIFUL and brought a tear to my eyes!!!

10:38 AM  
Blogger Gulperi said...

I just read!!! She is beautiful Tara, I cannot say that enough! Congrats to you and Shakil and all the family!! What a blessing Sara is, Masha'Allah! May Allah(swt) keep her safe, healthy and pious!!!

I am sooooooooooooooooo HAPPY for you dear!!!!!!!!!

10:40 AM  
Blogger wayfarer said...

mashAllah. Congrats! What a little cutie!

2:09 PM  
Blogger Gulperi said...

Tara, something special on my blog for ya ;) wish i could do more though!!!!

5:53 PM  
Blogger Aisha said...

Congratulations! :)

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mashallah, so sweet! Lots of love sent your way from my side. :)

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home