Saturday, February 11, 2006

Updating...


Here's another pic taken just the other day. She was feelin' nice and comfy after a sponge bath.

Ahhhh, finally have a minute to blog. :-) Things are going really good here with baby Sara. Shakil and I are just so in love with her and she is just the most precious gift from God. I feel so blessed to have her. I can just stare into those beautiful eyes of hers for hours. When I look at her I just can't believe she's ours.

She's been breastfeeding like a pro since day 2. She turned 1 week old on Thursday. I think I'm pretty protective with her in terms of hygiene. I really don't like for anyone to hold her unless they have washed or use some hand sanitizer. Maybe its just because she is newborn but I really have a problem if someone doesn't clean their hands prior to touching her. I especially am bothered if they go to touch her little hands and their hands aren't clean. Sara loves to put her hands in her mouth. I was using hand covers but her hands are so little right now that none of them fit right now.

My Mom has been helping me sooooooo much!! I don't know what I would have done without her. It has enabled me to recover from the c-section which is still very tender but getting better.

Shakil pops up at night - no problem every night to help out. He's being a very good daddy!

My MIL, FIL and BIL have goneo to Karachi for a visit so its just me, Sara, Shakil and my Mom here at the house for now. The sweets have slowed up on coming to the house. We had so much sweets coming in and that makes it pretty darn hard to lose any weight gained! It has been oh so tasty though!!

I go back to the doctor on Monday to get the steri-strips taken off my incision. Hopefully, the doc will be done with me.

Other than that, I'm just trying to get sleep anytime, anywhere - I'm beat but its sooooooo worth it!!

Until later...

Bye for now.

6 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

Tara :)

I am happy that things are going well for you. She is just so cute!

I am so glad your Mom is there with you. And Shak getting up at night?!?! What a guy!!! Has he changed a diaper yet? LOL ;)

I am glad you updated. Can't wait until you post again!!!

Take care and lots of hugs!!

5:15 PM  
Blogger Gulperi said...

Glad to see you posting and things are going well!!! I know what you mean about hygiene when it comes to having a baby. People here think we are freaks but we make them wash their hands AND use some antibacterial stuff afterwards (purell). But hey, thats what the docs recommend, and that is a mothers intuition anyways!!! She is what is important now, not anyone else, so you are doing a great job and don't worry about that!

Happy to hear that your mom is doing good and that she is able to help you..

and sis.. don't worry about the weight just yet.. it WILL come off.. start trying when she is around 6wks, but nothing before then.. enjoy for now, you SO deserve it!!! >hugs<

OH! and she is BEAUTIFUL!!!

10:38 AM  
Blogger Kamilah said...

Your daughter is extremely beautiful..even i feel i can stare at her pic for hours..the combination of american n pakistani..*pure beauty*..

10:56 AM  
Blogger ayalguita said...

salaam!!!Oh Tara she is a cutie! She look so chilled out in that pic, like she is so comfy hehehe:)You are right in asking people to wash their hands, I do that as well well, at least when she was a newborn. When we went to the uk I was about to have a panic attack every 2 minutes, as thhose dirty people would hold nuria after eating without washing their hands, and my dh forbid me to say anything as it would create problems with his uneducated family, so even though he said it would be better to wash the hands before touching her, people didn't do and just made their kids do it. I was very upset at this. BUt if you can do it, please do it, is so much better for your baby's health!
I can't wait to hear more!

12:08 PM  
Blogger Baji said...

She looks so peaceful and very beautiful, Mash'Allah!

9:56 AM  
Blogger wayfarer said...

She is just beautiful Tara. mashAllah.

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home