Saturday, May 06, 2006

The day comes to an end...

It's 10 minutes shy of 2 a.m. and my day is coming to an end. I just put Sara down to sleep. For the past week or so - maybe the past 2 weeks Sara has been going down to sleep for the night at about 1:30 a.m. or 2 a.m. I really can't complain because she has started sleeping the entire night without even hearing a peep out of her. She just turned 3 months old on the 2nd and she is sleeping about 8 to 9 hours every night. I'm finally able to get some sleep at night - it's wonderful!!

Sara went to the doctor yesterday for her 3 month appt and she is up to 11 pounds now! I was fearful she wasn't gaining like she should but we were pleased to see that she is doing just fine!

The heat is really in full effect here. The days are absolutely miserable outside. Inside our bedroom its nice and cool. I'm pretty much running the a/c 24 hours a day. Shakil and I did go out to the park the other night and enjoyed a nice long walk. It was hot but since the sun was going down it was a bit more tolerable. I hope to go tomorrow night since Shakil is off work.

War with my mother-in-law has happened once again. She showed up at this house with my father-in-law. They come here at night for the a/c in their bedroom here. The other house doesn't have any a/c's. My mother-in-law comes but doesn't even want to use a/c. She sleeps in a room with no a/c at all. I'm convinced she comes here to give me a hard time. She knows conflict is going to occur but she just does it anyway. I was good though, I held my tongue and didn't start bitching at Shakil when she came. Things have just been so much better with her at the other house and us at this house. Shakil, the baby and I would go visiting over there on Shakil's days off. It worked out nicely. So she came and as I was saying I held my tongue. The next morning she decided to turn the house upside down and she does this everytime she comes here. She implies that the house is soooooo dirty and blah blah blah and it just pisses me off. She rolled out some dirty carpet on the upstairs lounge floor and that just set me off. I pretty much just told her I didn't want it there and I didn't care what she has to say about it. We've had this conversation before but she just keeps wanting it back there. It's filthy with stains and it just holds so much dust. Needless to say, I got it rolled up and out of the way.

Now my father-in-law and mother-in-law are here again tonight and she is refusing to even talk to me. Not even acknowledging me. I'm not surprised in the least. I haven't made an effort to talk to her either and I don't plan to right now. She wants to play this little game then so be it.

Until later...

Bye for now.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, Tara...I feel your pain. :)

12:26 AM  
Blogger ayalguita said...

So if she thinks the hosue is so dirty then why does she even go there!!!! Can't she see you have that girl doing hte house things? and she says is dirty and then wants to put a dirty carpet somewhere? oh god...pakistani mils all over the world are crazy!I'm glad Sara is doind ok, times goes flying! I can't believe she is already 3 months! hehe

2:09 AM  
Blogger Gulperi said...

Its amazing that Sara is 3mos old already as it feels like just yesterday she was born! wow!

Sorry to hear about your MIL, hang in there sis.. >hugs<

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home