Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Finally heard something...

Yes, we have heard at least something about Shakil's immigration case. Shakil filed the I-601 waiver along with my hardship letter they request of why I need Shakil in the U.S. with me in July of last year and we hadn't heard shit since he filed it. Today my Mom informed me she got a letter in the mail from the Department of Homeland Security. They are the ones that review the waiver and approve or disapprove. This waiver will waive Shakil's visa overstay. We were informed that his waiver has been sent to DHS in Rome, Italy for adjudication. For any of you who are reading this thinking "what the hell is she talking about?" We filed to get Shakil back to the U.S. 2 years ago - so hearing something can make us feel somewhat hopeful. It's been a long, long process. They also are requesting a copy of Sara's birth certificate showing Shakil and I as her parents. We have 30 days from April 4th to get the requested information to them. So say a little prayer that this whole ordeal is coming to an end SOOOOOOOOOOON! Shakil, Sara and I would LOVE to return back to the U.S. and began a normal life together.

Until later...

Bye for now.

7 Comments:

Blogger Gulperi said...

Dua'as being sent your way that it gets approved and all of you will return here to the states asap!!!!! Definitely want ya'll over for dinner with your new little cutie pie!!!

6:12 PM  
Blogger Cindi said...

Mash'allah! May the rest of this soon follow,insha'allah!

9:43 PM  
Blogger Southern Masala said...

I hope and pray that everything works out for you guys soon!

9:55 AM  
Blogger pixie said...

Hope this finally gets taken care of!

12:34 PM  
Blogger ayalguita said...

wow, hopefully they will do it quick once they have Sara's papers!Oh that would be great if you could all go back to the US!:)

2:45 AM  
Blogger The DP said...

Macha Allah! Incha Allah I will make dua for you both. Good news indeed!

6:15 AM  
Blogger bellywalker said...

Good luck! :-) I'm glad that you're finally hearing SOMETHING.

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home