Monday, March 13, 2006

All by myself...

Ok, not really but soon my Mom leaves here (she's been a huge help in the evening when Shakil is at work). She leaves on the 22nd back to Texas. She is sooo ready to go. This may sound bad but I'm actually ready for her to go. So many things here worry her, scare her, etc. (which I totally understand) Plus, since she has arrived here she has basically refused to eat anything substantial. You know I was like that when I first came here so I can understand that too but the body has to have fuel to keep on going. My Mom can barely sit down without dropping off to sleep. She has no energy at all. She thinks everything I make is spicy and I have toned it down a lot. I've even cooked traditional American dishes (whatever that is) and she still doesn't eat much. I know its hard here - believe me. I've now done 10 months of living total in this country. My Mom will feel much better once she gets back to the states. I just wish I could go with her but I can't right now. I plan to go back in June. Where I am in Pakistan, it gets ridiculously hot and I mean H-O-T.

Weekend was nice. My Mom took Shakil and I out for dinner Saturday night. We went to a local restaurant here that has a Pakistani buffet. They have so many dishes that are quite tasty. They also have a big dessert section in which of course I overindulged. I get weak when I see galub jamin - they are my favorite! I have read them being described as Indian donuts soaked in rose syrup. My goodness, they are good. Shakil overindulged a bit too much in everything and ended up feeling ill when he got home. He was fine the next day but managed to go over 24 hours without eating again.

My FIL, MIL and BIL are returning from Karachi tomorrow. Things should start getting interesting again because my MIL more than gets on my last nerve!!

Baby Sara is doing wonderful and starting to make all sorts of new noises. Too cute!! She'll be 6 weeks old on Thursday. :-)

I still can't view ANY blogger blogs due to the block on the domain here. Feel free to email me your blog posts if you feel pity on me. I have no blogs to read!!! :-( I can't even see my own blog. My friend Colleen has been emailing me hers! Thank you!!!

Until later...

Bye for now.

3 Comments:

Blogger ayalguita said...

I was wondering what was going on with you! THat is so stupid that you can't access your own blog, I wish they would stop that! I hope that ends soon.

Take care!

5:21 PM  
Blogger Aisha said...

let me know if you want mine I will send it :)

9:21 PM  
Blogger rabiaiman said...

lets plan a get together in june with the pakistani group if ur here !!! or july!!! love yaaaaaaaaaaa p.s. loving the pics she is too cute mashaallah!!!

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home