Monday, June 05, 2006

Updates and such...

Sobia and masala dosti tell me its time for an update!! ;-)

Things are going pretty well here despite the heat! It is getting so hot here these days. Everyday it is 105 plus degrees F. However, Shakil thinks the monsoon is coming sooner. We've been having some strong storms blow in every week. It's nice because it cools the place off. You can almost feel the steam coming off the ground. I'm in a sauna - at least outside that is.

I'm having a heck of a time getting Sara on a schedule and that is what I've been working on. We started her on cereal after the pediatrician told us to. We are using Nestle Cerelac and it is just plain rice cereal. I've stopped it for now since Sara still has a pretty strong extrusion reflex and she is getting what she needs from her formula. I will try her again on it in a couple of weeks. I definitely don't want to force her on it.

So back to the schedule...I never knew it would be so hard for me to stick to a schedule but I've done pretty good over the past few days. Sara will not let me just put her in her bed and she'll go to sleep. That's just not happening - she screams. I generally have to wait until she is so sleepy and then rock her to sleep. Then I've heard its not good to rock her to sleep because when she wakes up in her crib she'll be scared. I'm wondering when I'll be able to just put her in her bed and she'll go to sleep.

The other day Sara was soo cranky and just wasn't having anything that I was doing for her. I just put her in her bed and she cried for a few minutes and was out like a light. I've read that some say it is ok to let them cry it out but she is still so young to me - 4 months old.

Things are going ok between the MIL and I for the time being. So there really aren't any updates in that regard.

Yesterday we took Sara to Micky D's. Yep, we take our 4 month old to McDonalds! :-) She just loves (or so we think) to look around. There is so much going on at the McDonalds. The one we go to is always plenty busy. I look forward to the day when Sara can have something there! After McDonalds we headed over to visit with my MIL. MIL informed Shakil that there was cheesecake there and that was an instant "let's go" from me! Cheesecake here is just not the same as it is in the U.S. It's ok but I just don't know what they do to it. I LOVE cheesecake - it's my ultimate weakness!!!

Well 2 nights in a row that Sara has gone to sleep at 11 p.m. Last night she slept until 4 a.m. and I suspect the same thing will happen tonight. I better go so I can catch a few hours sleep.

Until later...

Bye for now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, the sleepless nights...I'm right there with ya..My little one is wanting to eat every 30 minutes and he's wanting to take up to 6 oz and the fella isn't even 2 months yet. I've switched him over to formula with added rice and he's doing a little better now. It can be soooo frustrating.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Gulperi said...

Yayy! An update! At what age does a child sleep through the night.. hmmmm I still have my 7yr old waking up in the mid of the night. Dh still walks our 2yr old around in the kitchen with an exhaust fan to get him to sleep (you know, the white noise).. It can be frustrating when you are tired and the baby just won't settle down. We do co-sleeping and that is the only thing that works for us I guess, for now.. I hope Baby Sara gets on a schedule for you though, I definitely know how hard it can be!! >hugs<

mmmmm cheesecake!! one of my many weaknesses too! We will have to go the cheesecake factory when you come to texas!! my treat!

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home