Saturday, July 01, 2006

I'm spoiled!

It's been kind of hectic around here lately. Not this past Wednesday but the one before our live in servant was going on a 2 to 3 day holiday. She was due to return on Saturday. I thought, ok 2 or 3 days without her will be nice because she can be a headache and it was going to be a nice break. So Saturday rolls around and she didn't show up. We thought that she was just going to take her full week vacation. So the next Wednesday rolls around and that made 1 week. Once again, she didn't show up. I was telling Shakil that I thought she wasn't going to come back. We just kept thinking that she'd show up though. So here it is, 1 1/2 weeks gone by and she hasn't shown up. Now keep in mind she was paid in advance for a whole year and she has only worked 5 full months and poof she's gone. Nice huh? I've become quite spoiled to having a servant - yes that's right, spoiled. It's one of the nice things about living in Pakistan. All your housework/laundry can be done for you at a very cheap rate.

So I decided one day to go ahead and do the laundry because it was piling up. It wasn't so bad actually doing the laundry it was hanging it out on the line. We've been having some rains come in and after the rains it is sooooooooo humid. So once I step out of our a/c'd bedroom sweat starts pouring down my face, back, etc. It's just gross. Needless to say, I did only 1 load. Then we just waited and took the rest of the laundry over to my inlaws and it did it in their automatic washing machine. Ours here at home is not automatic meaning it doesn't spin the clothes and get all the water out. You have to wring the clothes out by hand here at our house. Sounds like fun, huh? yeah right!!

I even proceeded to do the cleaning in this house which I managed to get done pretty darn quickly because you're dripping with sweat and sooo ready for a shower. Shower is on my mind the entire time I'm cleaning. My clothes are sticking to me and don't you just hate that feeling? Yuck. I cleaned upstairs and downstairs and I think I managed to get it done within about 45 minutes. Which you might be saying, that's not so bad. Well it is!! Especially when you've had someone doing for you for the past 9 months or more. It wouldn't be so bad if they had central a/c here. Cleaning in the U.S. is just completely different and I think a heck of a lot easier. Just my opinion of course. Good news is that Shakil says he'll have someone new for us here soon. I told him we could wait until this coming Wednesday and that would make 2 weeks since our servant left and we'll pretty well know she's not returning at all. So he agreed and then he'll get us a new one.

Today was a cooking day for me. I usually only cook about 1 or 2 times a week now if that because of the heat. Once again, you sweat profusely while cooking. No a/c in our kitchen. So I just try to get as much done in one day so I don't have to cook again for a few days. So today I cooked Chicken Manchurian and some chinese rice. Surprisingly, it turned out well but Shakil tells me the Manchurian has too much of something. He can't figure it out - just too much of something. I dunno. I liked it. I had it for lunch and dinner.

In other news, baby Sara is doing really well. She is now rolling over from tummy to back, back to tummy and just loving it. She is just so proud of herself. I'm so ready for her to start sitting up on her own. She loves to stand and she's pretty good at it with our support of course. I'm having a heck of a time with the cereal feeding. We started her on cereal at 4 months. She still had such a strong extrusion reflex that I just started putting it in a bottle and giving it to her that way. She does love it. So I decided that I'd start her back on the spoon at 5 months. Well tomorrow she is 5 months and I started her back this evening. I had a hell of a time with her. She is still forcing the cereal out with her tongue. It was just a big 'ol mess. Again, she was spitting more out than she's taking in. So I just put it all back into her bottle and gave it to her. Very frustrating. I want to start feeding her with the spoon. My Mom has said to keep trying and she will get used to the spoon. I'm going to try again when Shakil is here to help me out. Sara was even completely distracted with her bib - gotta have the bib on for goodess sake. ::sigh::

Shakil is off for the next 4 days! I'm so happy. He normally has 3 days off a week but he requested a day off. So 4 days in a row! :-) I'm really looking forward to it. I love when he's here at home with baby Sara and I. Would be nice if we were going somewhere since he has that many days off but no plans of that. Not too many places for us to go here.

Well, that's all for now!
Until later...

Bye for now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's normal to be a pain in the ass ha ha..just keep giving it to her. In the beginning, I'd just let them eat in a diaper and give them a bath afterwards. Believe me, it's just going to get worse....expect her to start dumping it on her head soon and smearing it all over her chair..then, it's really fun to throw your bowl in the floor to hear the klunk..and the spoon goes even further ha ha..just make peace with the mess ha ha..and she'll get the hang of it all soon. :)

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you paid your maid ahead. You're really nice. My inlaws have a horrible problem with them just running off and coming back a few months later. Has she made it back yet? You can probably replace her really easy but it's hard finding someone who won't steal your stuff or atleast ask you if they can have everything. ha ha

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home