Monday, July 10, 2006

World Cup fever at Pizza Hut!!


So Italy wins the World Cup in a score of Italy 1, France 1 (Italy wins shootout 5-3). Congrats to Italy!!!

Last night we did go to Pizza Hut. When we pulled up to the restaurant and started to look for parking (which is always hard to find) we did notice that it was pretty darn busy. There were cars everywhere. Now it was well after midnight mind you and still hopping with business. Seems like everyone in the city was at Pizza Hut. We walked into the restaurant and there was so much cheering, shouting, chanting going on. It was crazy! Turns out that there were so many people that had came to Pizza Hut to watch the final match.

We did have to wait a few minutes before we got seated. We always request to sit in a booth. It's just easier with baby Sara in her carrier. We got seated and Shakil was pretty happy he could catch a glimpse of the match from where we were sitting. I could see from another angle at another t.v. There was just so much excitement in the restaurant it was really pretty fun. I'd hear some cheering going on and I'd think there was a goal but they'd get all fired up when someone was just making a shot at the goal. It was great fun. We did stay until the match finished and boy oh boy the commotion when Italy won. I guess everyone here in this city was rooting for Italy. When Italy made that final penalty kick the restaurant was cheering and hollering like you wouldn't believe. Didn't disturb Sara in the least - she had a blast!

Shakil is back at work today (Sunday) and it's just been Sara and I here in the evening. Earlier in the day I decided to clean the upstairs. There are 3 bedrooms upstairs including ours and a lounge. I was disgustingly sweaty by the time I finished up. It looks so much better though. Shakil says he IS working on getting us a maid. Tomorrow I plan to get the downstairs done. Well, at least I say I am - we'll see.

Tomorrow Shakil is off and also on Wednesday and tomorrow is my cooking day. In my previous post I had mentioned how I was going to cook up 3 to 4 dishes and freeze them. I start off with Chicken Biryani then move onto Haleem or Chicken Curry and I'm done. Dal was cooked last night. I'll freeze the Haleem and Chicken Curry while we're consuming the Biryani which will take us about 3 days. It's a pretty big dish. Hopefully this idea turns out well. We'll shall see.

Until later...

Bye for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home