Friday, August 04, 2006

Little of this...little of that...

Shakil was off the past 2 days and back at work today. Wednesday we went over to the in-laws and spent most of the day there. My sister-in-law is here from London with her 2 kids. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting her in person or Shakil's older brother. Shakil's brother was supposed to be coming too but unfortunately had to have some surgery and that has prevented him from coming at the moment. I haven't even met his older brother in person yet either. I've talked to both of them on the phone but in person is all together different. I really don't think I'm going to get the opportunity to meet his brother because he's probably going to get here after I've left. I'm heading back to the states in 3 weeks!!!

My sister-in-law is a very pleasant person. She has always been so nice on the phone and was very nice in person. She seems a bit quiet but she did tell me she's just been exhausted. Her kids are very well behaved and she is quite strict with them. For example, she is limiting their ice-cream. My mother-in-law sent the driver for ice-cream and my sister-in-law had told one of the kids that she already had her ice-cream for the day and she wasn't allowed to have any more. Of course, my MIL was pushing to get her to have it but my SIL really pushed right back with a big NO, she can't have it. My SIL said that she allows them to have ice-cream once a day and then that's it - no more. I did feel bad when the other kids were eating ice-cream and then there is one sitting there that can't have any.

In the evening, Shakil, baby Sara and I went for swimming. We had bought Sara a new inflatable tube that she could sit in and float in and we had been anxious to give it a try. When we put Sara in it she gave us a big ol' grin so I knew it was going to work out well. We spent about an hour or so there and then we were going to head out for dinner. We went home and changed and got ready to go for dinner. We left with the intention of going to McDonalds but they built this realllllllllly and I do mean REALLY nice Subway next door to the McDonalds. Shakil and I were saying how we never saw a Subway in the U.S. that was this nice. So we decided to go to Subway. We walked inside, sat down in a booth and were looking over the menu. We must have pondered over the menu for like 20 minutes and then decided to just go to Pizza Hut. I swear we always end up at Pizza Hut. We got home about 2 a.m. and didn't get to bed until well after 4 a.m. 9 a.m. rolls around and the phone rings - it's MIL. She calls to tell Shakil that the cable is out. What the heck? She knowssssss we don't get to bed until late most of the time and she just had to call bright and early to say the damn cable is out. Sheesh.

Yesterday we went back over to the in-laws again. We were first going to go buy this new shopping mall but I did suggest that we should call up MIL and see if she wanted to go. Nice of me, eh? Shakil was prepared to just go ahead without MIL but at the very last minute he decided that maybe we should go by and pick up MIL - we were close by. It took MIL like an hour to get ready and go and Shakil decided that he'd call up the SIL and ask if they wanted to go out for lunch with us. Lunch weren't really in the plans but Shakil thought it would be a nice gesture.

So an hour later - maybe longer, MIL was ready to go. We got everything ready to go and headed over to SIL's house to pick up she and the kids. We were of course invited inside and were served a glass of juice and snacked on some nuts. By the way, the nuts were very good. They were cashews that were coated in what seemed to be black pepper and surprisingly very tasty. The were another plate of cashews that were spicy and didn't give those a try. I love spicy don't get me wrong but I didn't want to seem like the oh so hungry one going after all the cashews.

We headed over to McDonalds and I had the McArabia combo with a mango shake. MIL had the same thing, SIL didn't eat, the kids ate and Shakil nibbled on my fries and had sips of my shake and finished off my sandwich. We were going to go the new shopping mall when we finished but I was just really tired from the 4 hours sleep the night before and anxious to get home and catch some sleep.

We hadn't been back at the in-laws house more than 30 minutes and started getting sick to my stomach. The longer I sat there the sicker and sicker I started to feel. Then you start getting that feeling in your throat and I knew that I needed to go puke. I ran straight to the restroom and puked. I did feel somewhat better afterwards but it all started again on our way home. Luckily, I made it home without puking anymore. When we got home I spent about an hour or so puking and I couldn't even keep down pepto-bismol or water for that matter. I dunno know what happened. MIL had the same food and Shakil had some of it and they had no problems. My bad luck I guess. I think I got to sleep about 10 p.m. which was great and slept until 6 a.m. when baby Sara got up.

Today I have felt much better and no more problems. Shakil even brought me home a burger when he went to pick up some grocery items I needed and it has settled just fine with my stomach.

So I mentioned in my first paragraph that I have 3 weeks left until I leave!!! I soooooooo can't wait!!!! I can't believe it's been 1 year since I've been back to the states. I really miss home.

Until later...

Bye for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home