Saturday, August 05, 2006

The stolen lunch.

The morning started out rainy here and of course I had clothes out on the line. Baby Sara woke up about 7 a.m. and I noticed it was raining. I scooped up baby Sara out of her crib and put her in bed with Shakil. I went outside and got all the clothes off the line which probably were almost dry because I had put them out the night before. Gotta love it, but ya don't gotta like it! It rained the entire day though and I thought I'd take advantage of the cooler weather and cook up some biryani for the hubby.

Prepping for biryani sure does take me a while. Also, the fact that my good knife SUCKS doesn't help too much either. I do have a mini food processor but I stress the mini. It's really a waste of time for me to try and use the processor to cut up my onions, etc even with the dull knife. I started at about 1:30 p.m. and wasn't finished with the entire dish until 3:30 p.m. I was of course drenched with sweat. The idea that it might be cooler because of the rain was so not the case. The humidity was in full effect. It felt cool outside but inside was a steam bath - at least in the kitchen anyway.

When I finished up I pulled out one of my glad containers. You know those reusable plastic containers? They are pretty nifty. I put some biryani for Shakil and that was going to be his lunch to take to work. I left it on the counter for him since he was going to be leaving for work in about 30 minutes.

Point of this post is that this evening I get an email from Shakil. He asks me if he left his lunch behind at home. I go downstairs and check everywhere and no, he didn't leave it behind. I email him back and tell him and he emails back again informing me that someone stole his lunch! How could someone steal his lunch? Just pathetic. He asked all his coworkers and his supervisor and of course no one knows anything. So my poor hubby had no lunch tonight. :-( They have a cafeteria there and he can order something but he spent his entire lunch which is 30 minutes searching and asking about his stolen lunch. He says he can get something on his break. Well, that makes me feel a little better that he's not gonna starve until he gets home!

Until later...

Bye for now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Living Away said...

here in switzerland seems that the summer is gone. i really can't believe it!
poor shakil!! did he find his lunch or who got it after all?

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home