Saturday, August 12, 2006

Getting close - the countdown is on!

I have about 11 more nights here in Pakistan and then baby Sara and I are off to the U.S. The whole mixed feelings sort of thing is settling in once again. Part of me is so happy to be leaving to go see my family that I haven't seen in a year and the other part of me is sad about leaving Shakil here once again. I do think it will be a bit different this time considering the visa process is finished - meaning they're going to be granting the visa now. I know he'll be following behind me shortly and joining baby Sara and I in the U.S. where we will be settling. Then, we will only be returning to Pakistan for vacations.

Shakil called my airline to see what guidelines they were following and they are following the same guidelines as UK - meaning all my carry-on will have to go in plastic bags. I hear they are only allowing the bare essentials. This makes it a bit difficult for mothers traveling with infants. This is for our safety so I know it's for the best.

I still know that it's going to be hard walking into that airline terminal and turning to wave bye to Shakil with baby Sara in my arms - leaving him behind. I dread that moment - really I do.

Until later...

Bye for now.

4 Comments:

Blogger pixie said...

I'm so glad that his Visa was approved!!!

9:38 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

Hey Pixie!

I didn't even know you read my blog! Thanks for stopping by. :-) I see you have me linked too - I'll be sure and link you on my blog!

Take care!

Hugs,
Tara

1:08 PM  
Blogger pixie said...

I've been a lurker for awhile:)

8:43 PM  
Blogger Gulperi said...

Wow! Time sure flies... It is exciting that you are coming but must be tough leaving Shakil behind... Alhamdulilah the Visa is getting approved and insha'Allah he will be here before you know it!!!!

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home