Friday, August 11, 2006

No invitation needed...

Well, not really I would say. Tuesday and Wednesday Shakil was off work and we spent both days over at my FIL/MIL's. Now, I asked him on Wednesday if we went then I'd like for us not to go on Friday since he was off again. I'd like for us to do something just he, I and baby Sara. I don't think it's too much to ask really considering on Tuesday and Wednesday we spent the entire day over there and we didn't home until late.

So here it is Friday and MIL calls asking if we're coming over. My hubby has a big problem with saying no we're not coming so he just said he didn't know and he also informed MIL that it was me that didn't want to go over there - nice, huh? Not really considering he agreed himself that we wouldn't go on Friday. So we're sitting here with not much to do and I tell Shakil that we can go but I just don't want to stay there all day. We can go have lunch and spend an hour or so, then return home. He agreed. So we get ready and head over to FIL/MIL's.

We arrive there at the gate and the watchman informs us that MIL is not there. This has happened before that MIL just leaves. But, this time I understood because Shakil did tell her he didn't know if we were coming and that I didn't want to go, remember? So watchman says that MIL has gone over to her fathers house. We head over there and I told Shakil on the way if there was a LOT of people there that I didn't want to stay. These days with Shakil's grandparents being back from London after 4 months, it's been hopping with lots of relatives.

We walk inside and I already hear a dull roar of voices. The door to the main room was open just slightly and I peek in - it was full and I do mean full of women. Shakil's grandmother was there, some cousins and some others. I turned around and told Shakil that I wasn't staying. I just didn't feel comfortable because I wasn't invited. I didn't see any men either so Shakil should have felt a bit uncomfortable too.

We come home and Shakil devours some Biryani and then he takes baby Sara and I to McDonalds. We sat there for quite a while then went to pick up some chicken at the supermarket and headed home. We hadn't been home 30 minutes when MIL calls. She says that we came over there to his grandfathers but didn't even come in as if it was all our fault or something. He informed her that we weren't invited and then she didn't say anything after that. She didn't even answer her cell phone the entire afternoon either. I mean can we say rude?

Until later...

Bye for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home